The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bought another supra - '98 Vvti 6speed

Marty

Well it's been 3 years next month since i sold my Uk spec 6speed single, thought it was about time i bought myself another.

Jap spec this time. Formally owned by a couple of memebers on here, JimC and Dannysupra, who i bought it off. Handily Dan only lives a 5minute walk away from me so going to view it was nice and simple.

Its a 1998 Vvti 6Speed, in quicksilver, 68k miles. Bpu. It's in great condition!

Quick rundown of the spec..

ENGINE:

Greddy Profec 2 oled boost controller

Chris Wilson Upper Decat Pipe

HKS Lower Decat Pipe

Chris Wilson 1.0bar Restrictor Ring

Blitz Nur Spec R Exhaust

Walbro GSS342 Fuel Pump

HKS SSQV BOV and Hardpipe

Chris Wilson Side Mount Intercooler

Denso IK24 spark Plugs

Defi Boost Gauge

Defi Exhaust Gas Temp Gauge

2 pod A-Pillar

Defi Link control unit

Fuel Cut Defender

New Clutch.

SUSPENSION:

Full Chris Wilson suspension

Bilstein Adjustable Height Coilover Sleeves (Front only)

New OEM Top Mounts and Insulators

WHEELS AND BRAKES:

UK Spec brakes all round

Calipers painted with Carbon Grey Foliatech Caliper paint and new decals.

Genuine Toyota Discs

Chris Wilson fast road pads

Stainless Brake Lines

18” XXR alloys imported from America with polished rim and silver centre

9.5x18 et25 with 245/35/18 front

10.5x18 et25 with 275/35/18 rear

INTERIOR AND ICE:

Supra mats

Defi EGT, Boost and Water Temp Gauges

Defi Controller Link II

Clifford Concept 600 CAT 1 Alarm with Anti Tilt, Proximity Sensor, and Blackjax.

Clarion headunit with satnav and built in Bluetooth

EXTERIOR:

Stock body

colour coded body trim - front and rear mud guards, lower sills and lower front lip

It drives lovely, i have no real plans for it as such, i've bought an exhaust bung to quieten the Nur spec down a little. It also has a slightly noisy injector/s, which i plan on getting sorted pretty soon.

Just the one quick camera phone pic for now. I'll take some more when the weather brightens up and i give her a clean..

Edited by Marty (see edit history)

Lovely looking supra you have there :thumbs:

Thanks buddy :thumbs:

Nice looking car, I was tempted by that one. Did Dan fix the damaged door or you? I was worried about matching the paint colour.

Dan sorted the scrape on the door out, the paint looks OEM so they've done a great job. Understandable you being concerned, it looks a difficult colour to match. Do you still have your old 440 injectors out of your new one lying around Jamie? I might have them off you if you're looking to get rid?

Looks stunning :love:

Thanks Abz :thumbs:

Gorgeous :cool:

Needs a new number plate though :D

It's kinda big isn't it?:D

Looks great, best colour! :thumbs:

Thanks bud :thumbs: I wasn't sure about the colour to start off with but it has really grown on me.

• 1 year later...

Thought i'd update this thread seeing as i've had the car over a year now.

I've only done a few minor things to the car since having it..

The side repeaters have been changed as they were showing signs of age and were also fitted wonky :blink:

I've upgraded the standard speakers to alpine typeRs which sound far better, though i would like to improve the sound some more, may add an amp and sub at some point over the winter.

The large plate has been removed and private plate put on.

The standard Bov was still fitted along with the HKS one? so i've removed that, she's also had a full service. I've done about 5k since having her so the mileage stands at 72k now, 20k of them Kms.

Things to do over winter...

Underseal - it's pretty clean under there but would definitely benefit from a new coat of waxoil.

Cambelt is due so will get that done.

Replace the battery clamp.

It still has a slight 'tap' to the engine, it isn't the injectors like i originally thought but more likely the shim clearances, The car was originally JimCs on here, he posted about it in 2006, here, so that's another thing i plan on getting sorted over winter, it has no effect on performance etc but it annoys me i bit:d

I might also buy two new rear alloys as the ones on now are tarnished and have slight lacquer peel from the salt on the roads last year - i only went a week without washing them and it was enough to take the lacquer off :(

Gearbox and diff oils need changing so will get them done the same time as the cambelt / engine tap.

And thats about it. no single for me, been there, done that and much prefer the twin setup.

I'd also like to maybe get some supra recaros in there at some point, i did buy some 'recaros' from supersizejim , here, but they turned out to be fake :taped::hunter: The clown started ignoring my Pms after that and didn't refund me like any decent person would (i should've opened a dispute). So if anyone has any great condition genuine supra recaros they want to get rid off give me a shout :)

Some recent pics, first is with the wonky side lights still fitted.

• 11 months later...
Worth a try lol iv found them but the 8.5j-10j et 25 is this what yours are ? And do they clear ok with no rubbing ?

Better late than never with the reply... ;) the rears rub very slightly if i catch a pot hole at speed, otherwise ok. Mine are 9 and 10.5 35 I think.

Thought i'd update this seeing as it's been while, not too much to report since my last post. Car on 74k now.

I bought some genuine recaros from amazon, got a great deal on them @ £360'sih for the pair, unfortunately they only had one each left of different stitching colours. Red and white. After a bit while of deliberating i decided to sharpie one to match the other (i know i'm a cowboy), turned out that well that you can't tell the difference in the flesh. Quite smug about it :sly:

Fitted...

I also added a red stitched gearstick and handbrake gaiter so the red seats didn't look out of place.

I've also fitted some new headlights, changed the gearbox oil - used royal purple, engine oil, filter and given the car another undersealing whilst it was in the air (i gave it one over winter too).

Next step is a visit to ChrisWilson to do the cam belt, crank pulley, sort slight engine tap, change a diff seal and rear gearbox seal - both have a very slight weep.

Recent pic..

I'll take some better, more scenic picture when i get chance