The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car mapped yesterday with alot of new parts and some megga results - figures inside.

little num

Right just a little about the car.

Its a 1JZ that's had a lot of work done to it ( engine spec below ) and its bolted to a R154 gearbox with a brand new ACT 6 puk extreme clutch rated to 630flb.

Its using a stock non turbo slipper diff and hold down the power with Federal FZ201 285-30-18 tyres, great tyres once warm.

ENGINE SPEC

1JZ-GTE

Fully rebuilt using CP pistons - TOMEI rods - ACL bearings - ARP bolts through out.

Brand new oil pump fitted when engine was built.

HEAD

The head has had work done on the exhaust side to help the gas's escape quicker.

Its got uprated springs and HKS 264 cams.

BOLT ON PARTS

Turbo is a BorgWarner s300 with billet wheel from AET turbo's in Normanton, very helpful and know what they are on about.

Manifold is a 6 boost (read about them if you've never heard of them) amazing quality and have had some great results, even the titan supra used or still use's the same manifold. http://www.6boost.co.uk/

Wastegate I went with the turbosmart 45mm and it works a perfect with no boost spike or creep.

Stock inlet manifold and wasent causing any problems from what we could tell.

Whifbitz front mount intercooler kit ( here ) http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/toyota/supra/intercoolers/garage-whifbitz-1230.html real nice bit of kit, airtemps were great, run after run never went above 30, but I have fully ducted it off so all the air the bumper catches is forced through it.

Radiator is a fluidine with new Toyota viscous coupling

Exhaust is TENABE MEDALLION and was flowing lovely, I do have a exhaust flap that is controlled from inside the car and once opened the exhaust gas's are diverted to a separate exhaust that's a lot louder and sounds the nuts when on boost, screamer pipe is diverted back into the downpipe as trackdays are noise limited usually to 98dbs.

FUELING

This is what let the the car down slightly as im running a bosch 044 intank pump with stock lines, im upgrading to twin 044's I think with a -8 fuel line feeding my rail.

Also running a HKS twin spark ignition add on BUT my old coils are crap so will be buying some supersparks for when it goes back for a quick tune after the new parts are fitted.

ECU is a HKS gold version 2, not as good as the syvecs but runs the engine great, I wouldn't use hardly any of the features the syvecs offer so don't see the point in having 1 just at the moment.

Well here is what you wanted to see the mapping results, all the results are at the fly.

The 683 was at 1.9 bar and was just running out of fueling as the 044 is maxed out at that, but was still safe BUT not running it at that lever until I upgrade the fuel system, this run was just to see exactly what it will do on the setup I have.

Then Greg at Protuner (Redditch) started to find a happy HP that is ultra safe as he knows I don't hold back

We found a max setting at 1.7bar and that was 653bhp but didn't log that run for some reason.

The second run on the sheet is at 1.6bar with still a healthy 636bhp

and with the boost controller set at 1.2 my lowest setting still made 559bhp, but I must admit it scares the crap out of me, but ill soon get used to it then want more lol.

Nice results! Your car was shifting on Dragonball :D

Did you struggle with grip on the dyno?

Not really but my tyres are really good, and once hot they were sticking to the rollers nice, on dragonball it was probably 460hp and the turbo was getting smokey on let off as you might have seen, but ill have to take my sticker off the bumper now, NO SMOKE NO POKE as it now don't smoke lol.

I might be going to the meet this sunday but ill see what else I have planned.

Mental :)

I've got a used 044 I bought off Mr Whiffin ages ago but never fitted - yours if you want to collect it mate. I think I'm going to end up getting something else (fuel pump, not car!), whenever I get round to it...

Cheers mate I might very well take you up on the offer, not bad results from a baby jz family.