The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Phew, that was close!

Getrag

You know that way when you pass about a million traffic/police cops on the way home....

Well, I'm driving home last night at 3am and just doing some blatant, aimless driving around, enjoying the empty, quiet of the night. As you do at that time of night, you eventually come across a police car. Well, I start following this little police-dog van, keeping some distance. We are approaching a roundabout and I increase the distance because I can guess what is going to happen next..... I see him take the 2nd exit and pull over (presumably to see me) so I carry round and take the 3rd exit...

After a safe distance I ease it up to 35-40mph. Then, (too late to break) I pass a traffic police coming the other way. Look in my rears and see him braking hard (shit!). The road goes around a corner and I nip off into a side street...then another, then another..... Phew! And what comes past me, another police car (diesel) and hold my breath as I go by at 30mph. Then, come up to the next junction and whats there! The bloody dog-van again :p This time, he pulls across the junction, blocking my path.

I roll down my window and we have the usual chat, where you from, where you going, what streets do I know (wtf?):limp:, what my fav colour is.... :tongue: Anyway, sends me on my way.

I drove home at bang on 30mph and counted my merry blessings :nana: If they didnt know the car, they all know it now!! :p

You lucky sod. For some odd reason i don't think of Police dog vans as a threat. Not sure why, i just slow down but not all the way. I think iw ould have sh!t myself big time. Last time i ..............Excused myself from the Police was on my bike one Sunday morning going into London. What an adrenaline rush :blink: