The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Alloy radiators???

Mcdade

Only bpu power atm, so stock is better?, reason i ask is that this is my first supra/jap car so on a bit of a learning curve here lol.

Pretty sure a new OE radiator will be just as good if not better than many of these

supposed uprated aluminium ones. A few members with singles run them as far as

i'm aware with no problems

My car was 400 ish hp and no issues with stock set up, i had a new rad, new heater matrix

and thermostat on my car though, all OE

The only problem with the stock rad is that the plastic tanks can become brittle over time and break/crack, especially if using an aluminium upper rad hose. I'd normally recommend the Power Enterprise double core aluminium radiators unfortunately they are now discontinued. I've never used them but Mishimoto seem to have a good reputation for making quality aluminium radiators http://www.mishimoto.co.uk/toyota-radiator-performance-aluminum.html

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

The top tank pipe stub on stock rads usually crack because people unthinkingly fit alloy or polished top hoses. The engine moves *CONSIDERABLY* side to side on its mountings when there is torque reversal, the stock top hose just flexes. fit a virtually solid top hose with just short, very stiff, joiner pipes, and the rad is being asked to control engine movement. Needless to say it doesn't enjoy this newly found job. The two aftermarket rads I had checked were inferior to a new stock rad.