The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Smoothing your Front bumper

mattdavies

I would like to smooth the front of my Supra and have noticed that a few people have done it. I am looking to just cover the holes for the number plate holder. What I want to know is:

• How you have done it
  • What materials you have used
  • Have you had any issues with it cracking

Mine was done when it was re-sprayed on the front end. Iirc it has plastic moulded behind the bumper holes, then skimmed across the front. No cracking 2 years down the line however if you look REALLY close one has sunk a tiny bit. Barely noticeable. Something I will be having rectified next year.

The main thing we had was making sure no air bubbles where in the filler, required an air line and some special type of filler stuff.

Two words DO IT! :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=189908&stc=1&d=1408374261

DSCF7203.jpg

Mine was done when it was re-sprayed on the front end. Iirc it has plastic moulded behind the bumper holes, then skimmed across the front. No cracking 2 years down the line however if you look REALLY close one has sunk a tiny bit. Barely noticeable. Something I will be having rectified next year.

Two words DO IT! :D

Or sell your to me :D