The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Let's see your sound systems!

JackyBoi

Hi all! I had another test-drive today in the soon-to-be-mine Supra :D and noted that it has a totally stock sound system, minus a Panasonic head unit. Not necessarily a bad thing, but in all of my previous cars I've always been adamant to have a nice, clean sound system!

Just wanted to see what people around here have in their Supra, and roughly how much it cost them. I'm definitely wanting to change the 2x front and 2x rear speakers, but I've also been looking into a boot-build where you have a sub and an amp installed where the spare tyre would be. I have budgeted approximately £1000 for all the audio equipment and want to know if this is enough!

You can see the head unit here

toyota-supra-S1216417-11.jpg

Thanks all! Would appreciate the makes and prices of said speakers so I can see which is best for me :)

Jack

Good luck with that one lol. Only just enough room back there for my 7&8 year olds and their scrawney little legs :)

If they have to sacrifice the comfort of their legs then it doesn't bother me in the slightest :D as long as they have a seat and a seat belt I'm sure it will suffice.

Another test drive? so you havent actually bought it yet? or what?

Fibreglass moulded sub box holding 2x JL audio 6" W3's

Makes for a nice punch while still leaving room for the roof.

http://www.carbonangel.co.uk/imagedump/suprabuild/DSC_9858.jpg

Now that's the kind of boot-build I'm on about! Nice and subtle but still packs a punch. How much did those two subs as well as the fibreglass box set you back? In response to your question no I have not actually bought it yet, but I'm in the process of paying off the remainder :)

I must have spent close to £2k for my setup, though no point in posting pictures as you can't see anything, it all looks OEM :D

I have a thread of it somewhere though.

My set up is as follows:

Front Pioneer Double Din, with Europe Sat Nav & iPod connectivity.

Front Rainbow Components

Rear Focal Speakers

Alpine Amp in custom box fitted into spare tyre area

Alpine Amp

The doorcards, rear boot & underneath the rear seats have all been dynamited

All work was carried out by Lee from SRD :)

I must have spent close to £2k for my setup, though no point in posting pictures as you can't see anything, it all looks OEM :D

I have a thread of it somewhere though.

My set up is as follows:

Front Pioneer Double Din, with Europe Sat Nav & iPod connectivity.

Front Rainbow Components

Rear Focal Speakers

Alpine Amp in custom box fitted into spare tyre area

Alpine Amp

All work was carried out by Lee from SRD :)

Sounds very expensive indeed ;) I'm only really after a head unit to replace the Japanese one, 2x front and 2x rear speakers, then a sub and amp hidden away in the boot but don't want to spend an absolute fortune as it is still just audio equipment!

Sounds very expensive indeed ;) I'm only really after a head unit to replace the Japanese one, 2x front and 2x rear speakers, then a sub and amp hidden away in the boot but don't want to spend an absolute fortune as it is still just audio equipment!

I got a little carried away but you can easily achieve it under £1k. Nowadays you can get good double din HU for £250.

Speaker wise, try and see if you can a decent set of Focal components, the rear speakers don't matter much.

Amp you can hide under the passenger seat, that is what Lee done for me (I didn't have an OEM one there).

Few options for the subs, the Alpine one I have is perfect as I don't need it to shake the ground, still rocks though :D

Good luck with that one lol. Only just enough room back there for my 7&8 year olds and their scrawney little legs :)

Really? Ive fit 5 in the supe before, multiple times. Nobody said anything about comfort...lol, well if they did I couldn't hear them, as most of their faces were on the floor :D

I hope you don't smoke abz! :p

I got a little carried away but you can easily achieve it under £1k. Nowadays you can get good double din HU for £250.

Speaker wise, try and see if you can a decent set of Focal components, the rear speakers don't matter much.

Amp you can hide under the passenger seat, that is what Lee done for me (I didn't have an OEM one there).

Few options for the subs, the Alpine one I have is perfect as I don't need it to shake the ground, still rocks though :D

Thanks for the suggestions! I was looking at this HU: http://www.halfords.com/sat-nav-audio/car-audio/dab-radios-car-stereos/pioneer-sph-da110-double-din-app-radio-with-7-inch-multi-touch-screen-gps-and-bluetooth

Seems like it would suit my needs? Has two pre-outs in case I ever needed two amps, GPS, Bluetooth for my phone, and reverse camera input, all for £290 not bad huh?

Was thinking I might take the Edge door speakers out from my old car but they might not fit, do you know the speaker size for the Supra doors?

Here's my set up :)

Alpine CDA - 9854R stereo

Alpine KCA - 420i interface adaptor for ipod

Front speakers - JL Audio C2 - 650 Evolution 2 - way components. (Hidden behind stock speaker covers)

Rear speakers - JL Audio Evolution TR 650 - CXi. (Hidden behind stock speaker covers)

Caliber CA660 Competition series II 6 channel amplifier

and a lockys96 custom sub-box with a JL Audio 10" sub-woofer driver.

attachment.php?attachmentid=189917&stc=1&d=1408385224

attachment.php?attachmentid=189918&stc=1&d=1408385224

attachment.php?attachmentid=189919&stc=1&d=1408385224

attachment.php?attachmentid=189920&stc=1&d=1408385224

attachment.php?attachmentid=189921&stc=1&d=1408385224

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Guest ReaperST

Running 1x10 Rockford P2. Power Splits in front and Power T4004.

Built myself.

http://photostand.co.za/images/5aa26dmvx5lzyqbimwix.jpg

IMG_1516.jpg