The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Time to sell up I think

LOGIE

Right another selling thread. I will do an ad in the classifieds when ive decided on a price. Just need some help with pricing...:rolleyes:

Id best start by saying my car is an NA-TT auto.

11 months MOT

Tax is up at the end of August but I might renew this week.

Its a 100% stock bodied 199 Silver prefaclift car.

*Stock 17 inch wheels

*Shell has done 75k miles

*2JZ-GTE engine had done 60K when I imported it from Japan via Jurgen (its now done 60.5K, ie ive only done 500 miles) its 100% runs perfectly, both turbos spool up nicely.

*TT auto box works perfecty

*A02B diff (TT Auto LSD)

*TT rad with shroud and electric fans

*Active front spoiler (retro fitted)

*Cruise control (retro fitted)

*Tracton control (retro fitted)

*OEM original Black carpet (not yet fitted)

Modifications

* Chris Wilson SMIC

* 3" Tanabe touring exhaust

* 2.5" first decat and a 3" second decat with a 1 bar restrictor ring between the cats

* OEM yellow bilsteins with unknown springs but the car sits nicely and handles well.

A little about the conversion

I done the conversion myself for 2 reasons, 1st I could not find a mechanic near me that I trusted to take his time and do the conversion correctly. 2nd I wanted to learn from doing it myself which I did, I actually prefer working on cars now more than driving them.

The conversion is a very thorough one EVERYTHING has been changed to make this car the same as an original TT. I changed the looms behind the dash so I could have traction control, ive changed the clocks/dials, autobox, prop, diff, airbox, EVERYTHING.

If I manage to sell the car will come with..

Original 2JZ-GE engine which is 100% with all ancillaries

NA autobox

NA prop

NA LSD (A01B)

NA rad and shroud etc

It will come with EVERYTHING needed to turn it back to a 100% NA.

TT auto box (spare)

TT auto Prop (spare)

2 spare sets of oem 16" wheels.

Faults?

None really recent MOT said both rear tyres are near legal tread depth 1.8mm and 3mm.

The paint needs a refurb but its not terrible some lacquer peel on passenger door around wing mirror. Paint is thin and flaking on wing mirrors though.

again I'll do a proper ad in classifieds when I get a chance and get some decent pics. My intensions were to get this as close to a GZ (top of the range) as I could and all I needed was a set of leather seats and big brakes and I was there.. but circumstances have changed and it needs to go im afraid

This will be a job lot guys im not breaking as it took me long enough to build this car but if someones buys it they will need to bring a van for all the extra stuff that comes with it.

Price?? I have no idea to be honest so opinions and questions are welcome (I know pics will help but its pissing down and dark so I will post some asap)

Thanks for reading.

Im depressed now.

Edited by LOGIE (see edit history)

Cheers Tony its not through choice mate. I recently made a BAD career move and wages are not even near minimum wage. So somethings got to go and Im staying an anal virgin.

Shame, about the virginity. You could have made some decent money.

As far as value, I would guess around £6K

Shame, about the virginity. You could have made some decent money.

As far as value, I would guess around £6K

I dont think id get anywhere near £6K to be honest mate, with it being an NA-TT. The engine is a good one though fresh import from japan. If I could get out my job and into a decent one id be keeping it.

I dont think id get anywhere near £6K to be honest mate, with it being an NA-TT. The engine is a good one though fresh import from japan. If I could get out my job and into a decent one id be keeping it.

I think you're being sensible here. However think in the current market, if you put it up for £5500, you'd probably get near to £5k for it. Regardless of it being an NA-TT, it still is a very nice car, and looks nice and clean. :)

I would get the wheels sprayed in bright silver though, it would help no end.

I think you're being sensible here. However think in the current market, if you put it up for £5500, you'd probably get near to £5k for it. Regardless of it being an NA-TT, it still is a very nice car, and looks nice and clean. :)

I would get the wheels sprayed in bright silver though, it would help no end.

Thanks Jason, The wheels I bought from JohnnyG who I think got them off Michael. They are a kind of smoked chrome colour but your right they prob look better painted back to stock colour but funds are really that bad that I cant afford it. I wont even have a car at all once this is gone.

I would start at £6K and see what offers you get. If you want a quick sale, start at £5500.

Sorry to hear about this mate. I can imagine how gutted you must be :(

Approx £5k IMO as well. Even discounting all the extras. Should get that easily for a nice example like this. I'd also suggest a classified ad price of £5.5k with a willingness to haggle. Do NOT cut your own throat here though, don't go silly low.

I think you will struggle to sell as a job lot though mate. If I was buying, I'd be after the car as a TT and all the other stuff would just be hassle for me. I doubt there is any monetary value in the extra parts going along with the car, you would be as well selling them on separately. This may even help your margins a little, even although it would be a bit of hassle.

Thanks Jason, The wheels I bought from JohnnyG who I think got them off Michael. They are a kind of smoked chrome colour but your right they prob look better painted back to stock colour but funds are really that bad that I cant afford it. I wont even have a car at all once this is gone.

It was only a minor point anyway. I'm sure you'll have no problem selling that quickly. Clean, stock looking Supras like this are really in fashion at the moment. :)

Sorry to hear about this mate. I can imagine how gutted you must be :(

Approx £5k IMO as well. Even discounting all the extras. Should get that easily for a nice example like this. I'd also suggest a classified ad price of £5.5k with a willingness to haggle. Do NOT cut your own throat here though, don't go silly low.

I think you will struggle to sell as a job lot though mate. If I was buying, I'd be after the car as a TT and all the other stuff would just be hassle for me. I doubt there is any monetary value in the extra parts going along with the car, you would be as well selling them on separately. This may even help your margins a little, even although it would be a bit of hassle.

Totally agree with this, the NA-TT shouldn't make a massive difference as long as everything has been done properly and the car is running well.

Also agreed on the parts, might recover money this way. The NA engine alone could pot you £250 at least. Then you have the remainder parts.

That looks a really nice, un-messed with car. Sorry to hear you may have to let it go, but I would imagine you'll have no trouble selling it at the right price. Some very useful spares available with it too. I can only imagine the time that's gone into it, especially with the electronic upgrades to ABS and all the other electronic upgrades to full TT spec!

Nice quiet top quality exhaust and a SUPERB, BRILLIANT intercooler ;)There's a lot of dosh in those two if you had to buy them for a lesser car.

As N/A to TT conversions go this looks exemplary. I hope whoever buys it doesn't wreck it with bling, silly wheel and tyre combinations, and an attempt to make it look fit for a comic book. Good luck selling it, what a shame, but needs must, you will always have the knowledge you gained doing all that :)

Edited by Chris Wilson (see edit history)

That looks a really nice, un-messed with car. Sorry to hear you may have to let it go, but I would imagine you'll have no trouble selling it at the right price. Some very useful spares available with it too. I can only imagine the time that's gone into it, especially with the electronic upgrades to ABS and all the other electronic upgrades to full TT spec!

Nice quiet top quality exhaust and a SUPERB, BRILLIANT intercooler ;)There's a lot of dosh in those two if you had to buy them for a lesser car.

As N/A to TT conversions go this looks exemplary. I hope whoever buys it doesn't wreck it with bling, silly wheel and tyre combinations, and an attempt to make it look fit for a comic book. Good luck selling it, what a shame, but needs must, you will always have the knowledge you gained doing all that :)

Thanks Chris. Intercooler is amazing as you should know and the Tanabe exhaust is amazing quality and quiet which I like. Yep my intension was to make this exactly the same as any STOCK TT that toyota made. I could have sold the NA and bought a very nice TT with the money I put into the conversion (crank seals, renewed rad hoses), even changing useless stuff like carbon cannister and hoses. This car is sentimental to me (owned it since 2007 and im the 2nd uk owner. 1st owner only drove it about 2k miles in 2 years) which is another reason I didnt want to sell so I opted for the conversion.