The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally into the 12s and thanks to Nod. Update new PB

Shane

:dHad a great day today at Santa Pod and finally after a few months of being stuck in the 13s, I broke into the 12s.

Last week I bought a DET3 piggy back ECU from Lyndon (Nodalmighty) who fitted and mapped it for me. The car feels absolutely amazing now in the higher rev range and pulls strong right to the shift points at WOT. So much so in fact that I was getting way too much spin at around the 1/8 mile point and having to let off so I know once I address the traction I can get this figure down further. So I take this opportunity to publicly thank Lyndon for his advice, skills and expertise, thanks Lyndon.

The track didn't feel good today and my last pass was a disaster as I started to lose control about half way and got uncomfortably close to the wall. I was the second car up after an accident involving a Junior Podster thing, he was taken to hospital and we had a long wait as they wouldn't use the track with the ambulance not being there. It was interesting as when I was staging, there were two marshals out on the track doing something exactly where I started to lose it. After my pass they were there again so something wasn't right clearly. But all in all a great day and pleased with the progress. Thanks to Carmel the missus as well as she paid my track fee as my birthday present.

Here's a link to my best pass:image

Heres a link to the DET3 for those who are interested:

http://www.ecumaster.com/en/products/digital-ecu-tuner-3

Edited by Shane (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Thanks, well pleased and I know if I can improve traction and stabilty I can do a bit more.

Stock J-spec twins

XS power fmic with lots of air ducting and 3" pipework

Custom 3" intake with powerflow filter in driver side duct

Det3 Piggy back

Custom 3" Exhaust with single cherry bomb glasspack box

3" double decat and RR

BCPR7ES plugs

Det3 controlling boost @ just under 1.2 bar for that run, but variable from stock to just over 1.2

Twin transmission coolers

Mapped by Lyndon

Going to build an intercooler spray next and that will also run from the Det3 during runs.

Awesome mate, fantastic on stock twins, what about using noz or water/ meth injection to cool intake temps, and increase octane.

It is something I have thought of, especially as Lyndon can program the det3 up to control this I believe. But, I think I am now at the stage of diminishing returns with the stock turbos and now need to spend my cash on set up, or at least first ;)

I have another Supra now, just a shell and I am thinking about just building this up as a stripped out car for using on the strip, rather than killing mine.

Are you still using the stock transmission and Torque Converter ?

Yes, have 2 transmission coolers though and have been changing the ATF often.

Well done mate, im stuck on 13.5 ... My mates Jag got a 13.1 that day which was good ... if he had some good tyres on it would of been in the 12sec for sure

Good fun racing down the strip at night

Yeah it is, did you see my run against the De tomaso Pantera, was a great run and I got it by a nose despite a really poor start. Carmel said she saw your runs in the Zed.

I couldn't help think the track time was really poorly managed again on Saturday. I was also a bit miffed about the change in sign on times/evening runs, not sure if you were there when I was speaking to Vikki about it, I know she said the same as me that it was shown on their website as from 4pm. I checked this morning and it still says "unlimited runs from 4pm to 8pm". Tried to use the online contact form from the homepage today and it falls over saying incorrect email address, I assume the one they set up with the website has been changed and they haven't bothered to update the forwarding with the site host. Says it all really.

Yes, have 2 transmission coolers though and have been changing the ATF often.

Yeah it is, did you see my run against the De tomaso Pantera, was a great run and I got it by a nose despite a really poor start. Carmel said she saw your runs in the Zed.

I couldn't help think the track time was really poorly managed again on Saturday. I was also a bit miffed about the change in sign on times/evening runs, not sure if you were there when I was speaking to Vikki about it, I know she said the same as me that it was shown on their website as from 4pm. I checked this morning and it still says "unlimited runs from 4pm to 8pm". Tried to use the online contact form from the homepage today and it falls over saying incorrect email address, I assume the one they set up with the website has been changed and they haven't bothered to update the forwarding with the site host. Says it all really.

No i missed it

Vicki got her Zed in the 14sec at last with a uprev and dectas .. for a 3.5 ltr there a lazy engine lol ... better now with the uprev done

I did wonder why nothing was happening on the track at one stage, it did seem poorly managed thats for sure.. The sign on times was a joke ! yea i did was there when you was talking to vicki ...