The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Greetings from California!

Guest Patrick94TT

Guest Patrick94TT

Hello everyone! My name is Patrick and I live in southern California. I've owned my Supra for almost eight years now and have been an active member on Supraforums.com for most of that time. I have only just joined this forum in hopes of establishing connections in Europe in preparation for my backpacking trip next year. I'll be at the Isle of Man TT and the 24hr of Nurburgring race and just backpacking through Italy, France, Switzerland, Germany, and the UK. Would love to meet up with owners from half way around the world!

Anyway my car is a '94 6 speed in renaissance red/black leather with 76k miles. It makes 930hp on C16 with room left on setting 5 of the ProEFI.

CP 9.5:1

Carrillo HD rods

ACL race bearings

GSC S2 cams

Ferrea valvetrain

Shimless buckets

Precision billet 7675

Dual 'gate manifold

ID1300

ProEFI 128 w/ custom engine harness

TRD LSD

Mickey Thompson 295/45 on 17" stockers

yada yada yada

Settings 1/650hp, 2/700hp, 3/750hp, 4/850hp, 5/930hp

Guest Patrick94TT

Thanks everyone!

Graham, I see you're near the Goodwood Festival of Speed. Ever been? I missed out this year and won't be able to attend next year but it's on my list. During my backpacking trip I will be cruising through Surrey to visit McLaren though.

Guest Patrick94TT

A little about the car... I've had it for eight years. It was originally a turbo automatic but during the course of this build (which by the way has taken me almost 5 long years) I swapped it to a V160. I did a lot of the work myself and then had it completed by FSR Motorsports. The car was just recently finished and ready for me to pick up so on September 4th I'll be driving out to get it. I came from a BPU auto car to a 1000hp 6spd so I really have no idea what to expect. It's been so long since I've driven the car I don't even remember what it feels like to actually own one.

Here's the 930hp dyno.

And a demonstration of the rolling antilag feature on the ProEFI.

[video=youtube;WI0Y-xRagho]

Thanks everyone!

Graham, I see you're near the Goodwood Festival of Speed. Ever been? I missed out this year and won't be able to attend next year but it's on my list. During my backpacking trip I will be cruising through Surrey to visit McLaren though.

No I've never been sadly, supposed to be a great day out though.

Guest Patrick94TT
Welcome to the forum Patrick.

Impressive Supra : Wow :)

Thank you!

Welcome

Thanks!

Thats unreal, this is my plan to converting to tt and make big power

Thankfully i bought an NA 6 speed, so thats thats half the battle :)

Unreal car! :)

An NA 6spd!? That's something we don't have in the states!

Impressive car, I love how stock it looks with hardly any indications it is a 1000bhp car.

If you ever pass through London I'd be happy to meet up :)

I will be passing through London and would definitely like to meet up. I love being a part of the Supra community as I am very passionate about the car and it would be awesome to meet as many of you as possible. I've seen every square inch of a Supra so I'm handy with a wrench and would be more than happy to lend a hand to anyone in need while I'm out there.

Also I'm really glad you appreciate the way I set the car up the same way I do. I think the Supra is absolutely beautiful. I'm of the mindset that any body modification takes away from the beauty you find in purest aesthetic form. I can look at the car for days and admire every curve without getting bored. It's perfect. That being said, the cars have this entirely different effect on you once you get in them. They're absolutely terrifying. I've never been more afraid than while sitting passenger in a 1000hp Supra. They feel, sound, smell, (taste - ...what?) like race cars and I wanted to capture this feeling inside. I haven't posted interior shots because I haven't gotten the car back and there's just a couple more things to complete but it's caged with Sparco seats and 5 point G-Force harnesses. There are no gauges or anything though, just the ProEFI color display flush-mounted in the dash. I love how it kind of lures you in with the beautiful looks and once you get inside and strap yourself in and turn the key you start thinking "WTF did I just get myself into...?".

Or maybe I'm just way too obsessed with the car.

Lovely looking car there. Welcome Patrick.

Thanks Tony!

Welcome to the club. Nice Supra you have there.

I am very envious of your garage.

Thanks! The Mustang is a '67 Fastback with 43k original miles owned by my father. The day that picture was taken I had brought it over to my house to cure a sticky lifter.

Looks really clean underneath! This another reason i finally decided to go all out and buy my Supra, been waitin for years, but since my e30 and 3gen Accord Aerodeck both had rusty arches, is said t hell with it, and thought it was best to start with a clean car to do up nice, not have to deal with rust before you start moding

The e30 was sold and i put the deposit on the Supra :) my favourite car!

The Aerodeck i will give a full restoration later its a very rare car so it deserves it, and it is very clean apart from few spots round the rear arches!

Blood red supra is really a nice colour,

Iv setled for white though!

Guest Patrick94TT

Blood red supra is really a nice colour,

Iv setled for white though!

I love Supras in white!

Nice Patrick.

Are those rear rims stock, or have they been widened?

The rear tires don't look large...how is traction on setting 5?

The wheels are stock, they have not been widened. I haven't had the opportunity to drive the car to see how well they stick but they are Mickey Thompson 295/45 ET radials so they have been known to stick 1000+hp for Supras. In the first couple pictures I posted the car does not have those tires but instead some smaller 275/40 BFG radials but above you can see the new tires fit the wheel well quite nicely.

Welcome to the club. Where abouts in CA are you?

car looks awesome.... :)

I'm in Palm Springs. It's like two hours south of Los Angeles. Thanks!

Guest Patrick94TT
I like std looks, under bonnet fast performance monster..

Exactly what I was going for, thanks bud!

Wow thats an incredible Supra you got :) welcome to the club Los Angeles is one of the places I would love to visit, its nice to have members from all parts of the world on here.

Yep hoping to establish connections for my Europe trip next year. Thanks for the compliment about my car. It's been quite a journey.

LA is great, lots of different stuff going on there. I'm the same distance from Orange County and San Diego as well and I prefer SD of all three. Amazing beach city.

Yep hoping to establish connections for my Europe trip next year. Thanks for the compliment about my car. It's been quite a journey.

LA is great, lots of different stuff going on there. I'm the same distance from Orange County and San Diego as well and I prefer SD of all three. Amazing beach city.

That sounds amazing mate that's definitely on my list of places to visit once im sorted Supra wise :) are there many Supra's on the road round your area?