The mkiv Supra Owners Club

that hyper car sound..

masterfett

That sound.. The sound that just let's you know a car means business. Without trying.

Lots of them out there don't necessarily need to be hyper cars at all.. Just seemed a good title.

Any exhaust system that gives the supra that descreet but entircing sound.

My nur spec had a lovely burble but not quite the same...

I think you need a flat plane crank for that note I think your talking about

Quite possibly.

Don't get me wrong I am fully aware that the 2j is no hyper car engine. And bhp wise in comparison to todays cars is pretty mid field (not bad for 20 years old) but.. I am just intruiged to if a similar sound could be achieved

... I wouldn't wanna put money on how long that engine lasted. But my original point for instance a konnnnnnnigggseggg (top gear spelling) at low revs still sound like it means business

To be fair, so does a supra with a decent exhaust.

I guess its hard to say, set up must play a large part. Currently I have double 2.5" decats on a semi bpu (BC fmic etc to fit so full bpu soon) whifbitz hybirds the stage one. Changed from nur spec r to a cobra sport cat back.. Too loud and sounds like the BFG confused "ummm" all the time till full boost. Might keep the cat back from the cobra and use the back box from the nur spec.. See how that sounds

I must admit, my NUR Spec R isn't amazing, I'd much prefer a titanium system, but....but, in first gear (auto box manual mode) giving it a blast above 3k rpm onwards and then letting off for a bit, it does make a superb noise, which encompassed with long streets in a built up city environment gives you that big smile that only a car like this can.

I may have to get the GoPro out and show you what I mean... :)

I must admit, my NUR Spec R isn't amazing, I'd much prefer a titanium system, but....but, in first gear (auto box manual mode) giving it a blast above 3k rpm onwards and then letting off for a bit, it does make a superb noise, which encompassed with long streets in a built up city environment gives you that big smile that only a car like this can.

Superb I'd agree mine sounds like a harrier jump jet on full boost!

I'm just being picky.. I want a particular sound

My Nur Spec R is the same (obviously lol). Get to about 3500rpm then let off and between about 3200 and 2900rpm it sounds awesome.

It's not neighbour friendly though!