The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2010 GTR Project (ongoing)

grahamc

So for those that are interested....

After having gotten bored of modifying supras and imprezas, I was ready to give up on modding cars and go for the simple solution, an Aston Martin. Was convinced to test drive the GTR by Jurgen (JM-Imports)..... I immediately started looking for I wanted, a red 2010 model.

Turned out to be rather hard to find, but finally found it at Middlehurst Nissan. This is what it looked like the day I collected:-

After a tedious 1200mile run-in, the car went to ValetMagic for some trim wrapping (interior and exterior), some minor parts (ypipe, some K&N panel filters) and a detail.

Exterior:-

Interior:-

Some of the interior wrap:

Had the car dyno'd (at Surrey Rolling road) when it was standard and it made 499.5bhp - very happy consider the brochure says 480bhp.

Then had the car mapped by RyanG using EcuTek (engine and transmission). Known Ryan from Supra days. Dyno'd at SRR:-

Then this came up for sale:-

Forge headertank finishes things off nicely:

With another service at Sly I added fuel injectors and downpipes. Was heading north of 620bhp, but then brought down to 612bhp and torque at 610... torque was too high for standard rods!

Finally decided on my road wheels (will get some 18s for proper track use next year :cool:) and MPSS squared setup, collected them today and had them fitted today - thanks Sly for slotting me in last minute :thumbsup:

Here are 2 quick pics:-

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did a track day at Silverstone, the full GP circuit in December last 2013. Great fun, even with the freezing conditions, ice and mildly damp track. I am a very average driver, but the GTR is just immense on the track - not bad considering it was on low boost, so about 530bhp!! Only car that got past, was a faster GTR driver :) Video of the sound from the about half way down the straight (and yes, I am passing a 350z):-

On the track day I got warned about the noise of the car, 106.6DB, so after the day, I swapped the ypipe over to a silenced version. Sly also fitted some braided brake lines (as I had problems with pedal feel) and at the same time Sly fitted an amp and rear sub box upgrade, the standard one was shocking!!

In July I passed 13000 miles and finished a 1200 mile road trip through France and still love this car! Had a minor issue with the CEL coming on, but Sly sorted that easily - O2 sensor.

Sly has fixed a few of my dash rattles :D and fitted a set of Eibach rollbars.

I dropped the car off at Valet Magic for a detail and some other small things:-

*detail (touching up of a few stone chips and small marks)

*re-wrap bonnet vents (mine were looking a little worn)

*re-wrap 1 side mirror (small section was peeling)

*big mouth front ;)

*removal of rear wing and wrap the bootlid (just cover the open bolt holes, while I decide if I like the look of the car without the spoiler - this is only for on the road and I will be getting a custom spoiler made up for track use)

I really like the big mouth front and the rear look is growing on me more and more!! The new bootlid is currently on order and should be on the car in about 4 weeks time

A few more pics :D

Attended a Nissan Experience day at Donnington. A couple of owners were invited to give fast passenger laps to unsuspecting people around The Heritage Loop at Donnington. Very short course, but fun nonetheless. We left on Friday and spent 6 hours doing a drive that should have been 2, but this all dwarfed by the fantastic day had on Saturday!

Not mine, but Gundum, 1200hp and modified so it can be driven 1 handed!!!

And to top it off, I not on got to see my dream car, I got to driven around in it:-

Then I got to drive it :D (dream come true - next I just need to own one....)

Absolutely fantastic car and I cannot thank the owner enough!!!!!!!!!!!

The weekend just passed, I attended the On your Marks Asda charity day at Bruntingthorpe :) again, fast passenger laps for anyone willing.... surprisingly there was quite a few! Need to sort out the videos, but it was a great day out! GTROC stand was the busiest throughout the entire day and raised nearly £3k from passenger rides! 167mph down the back straight was quite cool :D

A video of my missus (Mel) in a R33 GTR, which is running around 750bhp and the owner competes in a sprint series, so can drive. I love this car, its brilliant!

Current spec:-

Engine

K&N panel filters

Whifbitz silenced ypipe

Milltek downpipes

ID 1000cc injectors

Forge headertank

Stainless steel undertray bolts

ECUTek engine map

ECUTek gearbox map

ECUTek cable

Transmission

Litchfield bellhousing fix

KnightRacer gearbox cooler

Handling

Projex wheels

MPSS tyres (squared)

Eibach anti-rollbars

2012 suspension

Brakes

DBA discs

Pagid RS29 pads

Braided lines

Uprated brake fluid

New rear brake clips - rattle fix

Exterior

Big-mouth front wrap

Ducktail bootlid - colour coded

Carbon wrapped front splitter

Carbon wrapped bonnet vents

Carbon wrapped mirrors

Carbon wrapped side skirts

Carbon wrapped rear splitter

Calipers painted black

Exhaust tips painted black

4 rear light kit

Custom mounting - rear spoiler

Interior

Carbon wrapped gear surround

Carbon wrapped centre console

Carbon wrapped vents

RoadHawk HD

Front camera

Rear camera

Custom sub box (JL 8", Vibe AMP)

Luxury mats

• 3 months later...

Just back from a track day on Silverstone GP circuit.... was very wet, slippery and lots of oil in places. Still a great turnout from the GTR owners club, 25+ GTRs on track :D

Some short videos:-

Some short videos of Mel driving my car with Jake Hill next to her :)

Looked like a good day :)

Fun, but conditions were terrible.... just couldnt get power down in the wet! One of the regulars, usually does 2 min 20 laps only barely got under 3 minutes. Awesome to see some many GTRs out on track though. Some of the racing clios were silly quick though!!!