The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What colour for my new wheels and de-eared RMM front lip

Big Mark

Treated myself to some new wheels from here; http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?311914-18-quot-work-meister-s2r-wheels-and-tyres-for-sale

They're going off to Ibrar to be refurbed on Monday so need to decide on a colour that would suit my silver car. I'm leaning toward a smokey chrome colour that I have on my TTE's

Also, I'm going to remove my RMR front lip and cut the ears off. But I can't decide whether to keep it silver or strip the paint off so it's back to black? If I was stock bodied I'd go black but with the skirts and trial rear I'm not so sure.

So what do people reckon for the wheels and lip?

Car currently looks like this:

DSCN0694.jpg

Edited by Big Mark (see edit history)

Ah, thought it was Rod Millen Racing, I'll tweak it. (How do you edit a title?)

I think you could be right about staying silver. Need a photoshopper to come up with some images really.

You can edit your title by clicking 'Go Advanced' when editing the original post. If it acts up I'll change it for you :) (I would do it anyway, but need to give you the chance first :lol: )

Agree with James on the lip, stay silver with those skirts. I also think those wheels look stunning in the last two pics (on the black aerotop), highly polished lips/dishes and silver or gunmetal centres would look amazing.

Agree with James on the lip, stay silver with those skirts. I also think those wheels look stunning in the last two pics (on the black aerotop), highly polished lips/dishes and silver or gunmetal centres would look amazing.

Yeah I'm pretty sure i'll keeping the lip silver, tho the bumper and lip need a respray anyway.

I'm not sure about going down the polished lips route though I agree that they do look stunning in the last 2 pics, it was those that made me buy them.

Do polished lips require more maintenance than if there were powder coated?

Hopefully Ibrar will be around and have some ideas on Monday when I drop them off for the refurb.

Edited by Big Mark (see edit history)