The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Idiots guide to changing rear speakers

paulj1

Pretty much exactly as Dim Sum mentioned, the cover is very easy to take off with a butter knife or flat head.

Then I remember mine had 4 screws and the usual two wires. Once you take off the cover you'll have a better understanding :)

Pretty much exactly as Dim Sum mentioned, the cover is very easy to take off with a butter knife or flat head.

Then I remember mine had 4 screws and the usual two wires. Once you take off the cover you'll have a better understanding :)

Refit with a rolling pin maybe? :D

• 2 months later...

I have briefly attempted to remove my rear speakers but it's too wet and dark to keep trying. I have removed the 4 screws from the drivers rear speaker but the speak isn't moving at all. It's like stuck. Do I need to give it a real good pull or do anything else?

I have briefly attempted to remove my rear speakers but it's too wet and dark to keep trying. I have removed the 4 screws from the drivers rear speaker but the speak isn't moving at all. It's like stuck. Do I need to give it a real good pull or do anything else?

There is a bit of glue holding it in place.

Just pry it off and all will be fine