The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just Sold Supra

Hassan

Hi everyone.

I hate to say this with a heavy Heart ive just sold my Pride and Joy.

I got a very good offer for it so just had to let her go to a new home.

Chris6T9 from this forum has it now. So atleast its still going to be part off this forum and will be well looked after. A very nice guy to deal with. A very smooth sale. Thanks Chris. Hope you enjoy her just as much as i did. Good luck.

Im afriad im going to get a Merc CLS55 AMG over the weekend. But hopefully one day when i can i want to buy another supra and just put it in my garage

The big power Mercs certainly have something about them.

I was temped by a CLS 55 the other day. Then I slapped myself and realised I couldn't replace the Supra.

I am looking at a CL 600 Bi Turbo but I am not sure could live with an auto again.

I was temped by a CLS 55 the other day. Then I slapped myself and realised I couldn't replace the Supra.

Very cheap though these days, a lot of car for the money!

That is a lovely example! Normally not a fan of kitted cars but that certainly looks lovely!

Hassan nooooooo! lol

Oh well glad you got what you were after and it's staying on the forum. I have had the privilege of not only seeing this car but being out in it and the new owner has got a well looked after example that has wanted for nothing!

You'll need to pop along to one of the monthly meets mate once you get your German uber bus :D

Im afriad im going to get a Merc CLS55 AMG over the weekend. But hopefully one day when i can i want to buy another supra and just put it in my garage

On a side note mate as I know you like your Mercs, a pal of mine just picked up a new A45 AMG which after 3 days he had tuned (500 mile run in period) and his v-box and he both agree it is quicker than his 530bhp tuned C63 AMG both to 60 and 100!

He's hitting 0-60 in 3.7 and 0-100 in 9.2 :blink:

On a side note mate as I know you like your Mercs, a pal of mine just picked up a new A45 AMG which after 3 days he had tuned (500 mile run in period) and his v-box and he both agree it is quicker than his 530bhp tuned C63 AMG both to 60 and 100!

I assume the auto can be driven like a manual (by pushing the stick forward and backward). These seem like a lot of car and I have always fancied a Merc after driving my dad's C class to France a few years back.

They are silly quick. With the sports exhaust they sound evil too. Had the pleasure of driving one on track about nine months ago on the launch. Goes rather sideways if you push it, but you really have to give it some!

They are silly quick. With the sports exhaust they sound evil too. Had the pleasure of driving one on track about nine months ago on the launch. Goes rather sideways if you push it, but you really have to give it some!

Sounds like fun. How are they for reliability say 2004 - 2006 models. My dad has a 51 plate CLK and although the body is awful, the 320 Petrol is still going strong at nearly 180K miles.

Sounds like fun. How are they for reliability say 2004 - 2006 models. My dad has a 51 plate CLK and although the body is awful, the 320 Petrol is still going strong at nearly 180K miles.

Historically Merc hasn't enjoyed the greatest reliability record, especially through that period. That said, there are decent cars around. Just make sure you do your research.

I love merc. Ive had a 2004 CLK55 AMG. What a car. Very reliable. Never had any issues what so ever. The A45 AMG is a bloody animal off a car. The engine was designed by HWA same guys who make the Merc F1 engines. With a downpipe and remap they good for 420bhp.

I love merc. Ive had a 2004 CLK55 AMG. What a car. Very reliable. Never had any issues what so ever. The A45 AMG is a bloody animal off a car. The engine was designed by HWA same guys who make the Merc F1 engines. With a downpipe and remap they good for 420bhp.

Nice pub fact for you: the engine in the A45 was the most efficient engine in terms of bhp/cylinder ever built... until the McLaren P1 came along.

Very cheap though these days, a lot of car for the money!

I know. But I was scared I'd miss the Supra.

The A45 AMG is a bloody animal off a car. The engine was designed by HWA same guys who make the Merc F1 engines. With a downpipe and remap they good for 420bhp.

I looked at one of these at Brooklands, and I've gotta say, lovely looking car. The only thing that put me off was the screen that was kinda, plonked on the dashboard. Looked like an afterthought.

Edited by Benjy (see edit history)

Thankyou hassan! Such a fantastic car and worth every penny! Not often do you buy a car and have you and your mates get taken out for dinner after! Absolute top bloke! I knew I had to have it as soon as I walked up the drive and it was definitely worth that rediculous journey.