The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Going single from a Full BPU RZ-S Auto

uzzyuzzy

Check my single thread in the link on this post. It's probably the basic list of what you will need to go from where you are. Whiffbitz do good quality single kits for all power needs you want. Failing that a few complete kits come up in the for sale section. Internals are good for 700hp maybe a little more so unless you plan on going 800+ hp internals should be fine.

How much BHP are you looking to make? Street car?

What's the cars spec now? Brakes?

Budget to go single?

Looking for around 600BHP as a street car, I have sourced a second hand HKS TO4Z Turbo for under 2k.

Is anybody able to tell me the things I should look out for when buying a used kit??

I want to keep the total cost below 5k if possible.

Below 5k on a single build? Good luck with that.

Pretty easy since hes already bpu.

PHR was having a sale on their street kits for under 2k. This was with a 6265, good enough for your powergoals.

Add (if you don't have one already) an AFC, a good single clutch and some injectors. Bam done!

I've seen plenty of builds with quality parts (not china crap) around his budget. However they all were already bpu just like the OP.

edit: just saw it's not a 6spd.

Edited by 98HT (see edit history)

Pretty easy since hes already bpu.

PHR was having a sale on their street kits for under 2k. This was with a 6265, good enough for your powergoals.

Add (if you don't have one already) an AFC, a good single clutch and some injectors. Bam done!

I've seen plenty of builds with quality parts (not china crap) around his budget. However they all were already bpu just like the OP.

edit: just saw it's not a 6spd.

Bpu or not it's a tall order to have a reliable single on 5k! Bpu is basically decats and a fuel pump it's hardly a tuned car at that stage.

My advise, dont do it, BPU Auto is the best a Supra gets for daily use, the cost to Single and to add the right supporting mods is just not worth it

^^ as above. Agreed 100%.

Bpu or not it's a tall order to have a reliable single on 5k! Bpu is basically decats and a fuel pump it's hardly a tuned car at that stage.

Get an AFC, tune it and be done. It's not rocket science.

His goal is just over 500rwhp...

In my opinion is to keep it simple. This is just my opinion though.

- 6265 and cast manifold

- slightly bigger injectors, 650-720cc and an AFC

- Stock Denso fuel pump. US spec should do it.

- And the usual (read original) bpu mods and maybe some +++ Btw fuel pump is not included in BPU, however it's adviced for the j-specs.

That should be doable with 5k and quality parts. Like I said PHR was having a sale on their street kit, which was under 2k!

I'm about to do a single build on mine, sourced all the parts, just waiting for them to arrive.

Fortunately I can fit it all myself, so that'll save labour. My build should come in at around £2.5k.

Ive gone for:

Borg warner s300 turbo (used)

Xs power manifold (might crack, but we'll see)

Cx racing downpipe and 50mm wastegate

Siemens 650cc injectors and tffr

T4 turbo blanket

Fuel pulsation damper bypass

Walbro 450 lph fuel pump

4" k&n intake

Hks fcd (might not need it if I keep the mines ecu)

Transmission oil cooler from jjc race and rally

Hks fcon gold

Sard fpr

So far I've bought all the parts, which have come to a smidge over £2k. I've got oil lines left to find, or make my own.

I've had torque developments in grays already install a base map, to suit the bigger injectors on the fcon, so at least I'll be able to drive the car there for mapping. They've quoted me £450 to map it, so I reckon it'll end up around £2700 done.

I'm about to do a single build on mine, sourced all the parts, just waiting for them to arrive.

Fortunately I can fit it all myself, so that'll save labour. My build should come in at around £2.5k.

Ive gone for:

Borg warner s300 turbo (used)

Xs power manifold (might crack, but we'll see)

Cx racing downpipe and 50mm wastegate

Siemens 650cc injectors and tffr

T4 turbo blanket

Fuel pulsation damper bypass

Walbro 450 lph fuel pump

4" k&n intake

Hks fcd (might not need it if I keep the mines ecu)

Transmission oil cooler from jjc race and rally

Hks fcon gold

Sard fpr

So far I've bought all the parts, which have come to a smidge over £2k. I've got oil lines left to find, or make my own.

I've had torque developments in grays already install a base map, to suit the bigger injectors on the fcon, so at least I'll be able to drive the car there for mapping. They've quoted me £450 to map it, so I reckon it'll end up around £2700 done.

Bet it ends up costing much more, you will find things along the way that need changing, the mapping session will test the build and the car, not being down on your build just preparing you for the costs

TDI did my build on the R32, it was a £20,000 bill

Bet it ends up costing much more, you will find things along the way that need changing, the mapping session will test the build and the car, not being down on your build just preparing you for the costs

TDI did my build on the R32, it was a £20,000 bill

I fully expect to find a few bits I may have missed, but shouldn't be anything major. The stock limits of the auto box will limit my final power, so I'm thinking a fast street build of mid 500's might be achievable.

The only way to improve it, would be a high stall torque converter and built box, but I'm not planning on doing that for now anyway!

your in the same boat as me! i got a complete xs power kit though.

get the rest as i go, well got most apart from ecu. be watching see how yours goes good luck with build

the power you want is fair and drivable also.

Cheers buddy, I'm not going for anything crazy, just a little step up from bpu.

I should also add that my car is already bpu, so I've already done some of the groundwork :thumbs:

I ran 568 on a stock Auto box with a T04R kit and stock ECU, the box lasted for ages before it let go, they are cheap enough to pick up and replace, get a cooler on it though

Thanks dude.

Already on it, I'm planning to retain the stock cooler on the rad, but add another 9 row cooler to the area where the smic used to be.

Hoping it'll suffice