The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyre time

Spyda

It's time to replace my rear tyres, I've been running on Goodyear GSD3 and I've really liked them.

I've been quoted about 150 quid per tyre, which is not too bad, but I've also been quoted 130 per tyre for the Pirelli P7000, I've no experience of these tyres has anyone used them? Would you recommend them on the Supra?

What about Toyo Proxies? I had them on my little V6 mx-3 and they were pretty good to me...

Cheers,

Adam.

Right, I have only tested one set of tyres on my supe which were Toyo T1'S.

They were on a set of 18's and they are fantastic and i think they will cost you around £150 a piece.

Also the new set of toyos are out the T1R's but these are slightly more but have been said to be fantastic in the wet.

Good luck in your choice and let us know what you go for.

Rob

What size did you get the GSD3s in, I'm after 265/35-18

I think I'm going to go for the Goodyears again, certainly not the pirellis as I've heard bad reports about them.

Although the T1Rs sound good and are only 5 quid more per tyre the goodyears are better all round I think.

Adam.

That price was for stock size.

What size did you get the GSD3s in, I'm after 265/35-18

I think I'm going to go for the Goodyears again, certainly not the pirellis as I've heard bad reports about them.

Although the T1Rs sound good and are only 5 quid more per tyre the goodyears are better all round I think.

Adam.

How much are these mate??

gulp (deap breaths) mine are 18's about 150 a corner, the wears pretty good i have just changed the fronts which were on about a year and a half (were down to the canvas though so not quite year and a half) obviously the backs dont last this long

F1's GSD3's all the way round 265/35/18 rear and 255/35/18 front and you WILL NOT find anything that will touch it!

well thats me told had avons (yeah we all make mistakes) pirellis and contis and thought the toyos were the best yet how much are the GSD's as it seems the way to go in the future

• 1 month later...