The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can't find wheel ET on the reverse side of new wheels

drift_bear

I have checked the back of the new wheels and there's no markings what so ever to tell me the width and ET of them. Doing a tape measure and going by THIS thread they seem to be the following sizes -

Front - 9" ET48 (came with 3mm spacers to clear uk brakes)

Rear - 10" ET53

The wheels came off a breaker and the shell is long gone. I know they fit the car perfect, but i forgot to check the arches on the other breaker to see if they had been rolled or cut. Any idea if that size above is correct or am i way off?!

Well they'll fit under any stock arch easy, but without seeing any stamped numbers or even a pic of the wheel ;-) I've no idea if it's correct or not ha.

53 is really high tho. Stock is 50, and they sit waaaay under. (Narrower than 10" tho)

Not wanting to give the game away about the new wheels ;) they are going for a refurb soon and will be revealed once the cars finished :p

You can measure the offset yourself, like this:

Lay the wheel & tyre on the ground (outside up) and measure the distance from the ground to the hub mounting face using a tape rule (DIM A).

Turn the wheel over (outside down) and measure the distance from the ground to the hub mounting face again (DIM B).

Subtract DIM B from DIM A and divide the answer by 2 to get the offset.

EG: DIM A = 167.5mm; DIM B = 97.5mm; DIM A - DIM B = 70mm; offset = 35mm

You can measure the offset yourself, like this:

Lay the wheel & tyre on the ground (outside up) and measure the distance from the ground to the hub mounting face using a tape rule (DIM A).

Turn the wheel over (outside down) and measure the distance from the ground to the hub mounting face again (DIM B).

Subtract DIM B from DIM A and divide the answer by 2 to get the offset.

EG: DIM A = 167.5mm; DIM B = 97.5mm; DIM A - DIM B = 70mm; offset = 35mm

Will give that a go tomorrow in daylight :thumbs:

Ooooh I seeeee. Or not 😳 ha.

Have u got any other wheels with the et and width stamped in? U could use that tape measure method on them and you'd know for def then it's it right as u can check against the actually data. Then if it's the same, 99.9% sure the secret wheel measurements will be as u say in above post.

Ooooh I seeeee. Or not 😳 ha.

Have u got any other wheels with the et and width stamped in? U could use that tape measure method on them and you'd know for def then it's it right as u can check against the actually data. Then if it's the same, 99.9% sure the secret wheel measurements will be as u say in above post.

Haha I'm being secretive about the wheels for a good reason ;)