The mkiv Supra Owners Club

newbie needs advice please... thanks

Guest alexkdavies

Guest alexkdavies

hello,

i have wanted a supra for as long as i can remember and i finally feel i am in a good enough place to have the time and money. PLUS the mrs has agreed to let me lol

so, i have a few questions hopefully you guys can help me with..

i have been looking around for a supra and am now confused :) i have read the articles on this lovely site and understand a few of the letters and numbers, but the prices vary SOOOOOOO much, how the hell i am supposed to know if i am getting ripped off?

second question : i want a nice modified TT (thats twin turbo, right?) supra, so is it better for me to get something standard that needs some work (if that exists lol) or buy something done??

am sure there will be a lot more questions along the way as i like to know exactly what i am doing before i start something.

thanks

Do you want a 6 speed or auto TT?

TT does stand for twin turbo.

It depends what you want. If stock body and standard performance or BPU then it depends on the parts fitted and the work carried out. Also if you want it personalised to you or work someone else has done.

If you have any questions when you buy one, then people on here will be happy to help and maybe even view a car for/with you so you get some good advice.

Oh and welcome! :)

Guest alexkdavies

thanks for the welcome.... erm manual would be nice but i haven't seen one for sale, and i am guessing they must be rarer thus more expensive?

with regards to personalising one, think i could live with someone else styling at first lol, but i do feel like i would want to change things to my style.

thanks

Guest alexkdavies

ok so budget.... not totally set with an amount....... have seen a couple of nice ones on here for sale for £4000, after that probably buy things each month from my wages, until i have finished it (that way the mrs has no idea what i have spent lmao)

Guest alexkdavies

ok, so auto :)

just out of interest how much would a 6 speed be approx?

how much difference in power is there between the n/a and the TT? am happy to throw some more into the initial purchase to get a good starting point.

Guest alexkdavies

ok so, this might be a daft question but any idea of an average price of a TT auto?

and can a n/a be converted to a TT

thanks for answering all my questions :)

Okay.

TT auto 5k ish will get something ok.

Mine is a N/A aero top converted. Engines and gearboxes go for 3k upward. I converted mine due to it being an Aero and my body mods. If it was a stock ish N/A i would have sold it and brought a TT.

Hope that makes sence.

Guest alexkdavies

yes brilliant thanks.... theres a lot to learn about the supra, but i will be getting one soon enough, just want to make sure i dont buy a wrongun