The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The old girl still gets plenty of attention!

Abz

Decided to drive into work today due to working a bit late tonight & the weather being nice. So I didn't set off from home until after 12pm. Drove into the city and as it is lunch (and the weather is lovely) it was crammed with people outside. Although she hasn't been cleaned for over a week, she wasn't in too bad a state and was getting attention all along. Not only from the tourists (some snapping away) but other road users. One chap near Tower Gateway was about to cross the road but he double took, stepped back and stood there smiling as I approach and was still there when I looked in my rear view!

Then in front of St Paul's is a Zebra crossing and I must have been there for nearly 5 minutes as tonnes of tourists went past. A few kids jumped up and down in excitement, few admiring glances (from both male and female). An a small group of girls (looked Japanese) with DSLR's stopped in the middle of the Zebra crossing to stand there and take loads of pictures of the car.

Not like their is a shortage of exotica in London City, but it was nice on a lovely day to see how well the car has aged.

Parked next to a modern car, she doesn't look too bad eh. :)

...in front of St Paul's is a Zebra crossing and I must have been there for nearly 5 minutes as tonnes of tourists went past... [/url]

Don't fabricate the truth.. what *really* happened was some more "clutch issues"

[video=youtube;-Lmm2swivqE]

:D

Can you be sure Ant & Dec weren't walking just behind you at the crossing lol !!!!!

Seriously though, lovely car, looks great. Last time I had any compliments I was picking my car up from a mates who'd just done the geo alignment and stopped in McDonalds half way back. After about 30 seconds the guy I was chatting to about the Supra noticed my mates 2002 BMW 330ci who had given me a lift to collect it, and chatted to him for about half an hour, gutted!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Edited by 2soops (see edit history)

My car was in bits a few weeks ago, no bumper no head lights and bonnet opened... a kid, he must of been 12-14 walked past and said "is that a supra?" to which i replied "yes", then he said "that looks sick!" LOL moment. I'm still surprised he was able to tell what it was. Hopefully in the next few weeks it will be up and running grabbing peoples attention ;-) nice one abz yours looks lovely

I've been at the public race days at the Hockenheimring last weekend and parked on the infield.

Next to my Supra was a Porsche Boxter or whatever and on the other side a white Audi S3 totally stock.

I just left the car there. After a while, I went back to get something out of it. When I walked away, there were some german dudes walking by - they didn't notice it was my Supra - and I heard them: "Whooooohaaaaa!!! LOOK AT THIS. INSANSE! What a beautiful car! Unbelievable how nice these S3's are!!!"

WHAT?

It's always a pleasure when people pass comments. I've noticed the younger generation don't care much for the Supra as much as people in the 25-65 age range, though I did hear one little boy walk past my drive the other day and exclaim "look Mummy, a super car!), that made me chuckle.

I've had a few old boys stop me and chat and they reminisce of when they first laid eyes on a Supra 20 years ago or so. One even stopped me in my drive the other week as I was leaving for work, told me how he walked past every day, admired the car and wanted to meet the owner. Yesterday he rang my doorbell and gave me a photo of a Supra he took 20 years ago as he was clearing out his belongings and thought I might appreciate it or be able to find out if it was still going. Nice old chap and every comment like that just shows the following these cars get and how they are on the brink of classic status (stock body obviously ;) )

Nice car Abz, enjoy the attention! :)

Love it Abz!

One of the older guys I see most Saturday mornings getting his newspaper , stopped for a chat while I was washing the car, he told me he was a sales man in Toyota back in the 90's and remembers when the Supra launched.

They took delivery of the first Irish Supra but on arrival the transporter stopped a bit too abruptly and the Supra from the top front tier ended on its roof. He said the driver just put the keys on the seat of the truck and headed off into the sunset lol

A few weeks after I was parked in Dublin city waiting to collect somebody, nice sunny day, a guy in a tweed jacket approached my window, said he was managing director of Toyota Ireland back in the 90's and loved the car , he said he use to drive one, small world !

As far as I know , Eddie Irvine (Ex Irish F1 Driver) is the only person who bought one new here in Ireland