The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MY First Supra!

Bluudy

Ive finally joined the Supra Fold.

White NA Auto.

Had a little too much fun on the road lol. I hate the wheels, and want to change them Asap, Ive refitted a standard steering wheel, because it had a horrible ebay special bendy wheel. got some paintwork issues to sort out, but im gradually getting round to them.

Had an oil leak from rocker cover, which ive sorted, but theres still another leak i need to find the source of. Refitted a new clock as well, as my buttons were oddly missing.

Engine management light wasn't working, found the issue to be a bad solder joint, so re did those. the roof light also had a solder issue, but that's fine now.

It has a black roof lining in, but also has full cloth seats front and rear, which i don't Imagen are its originals.

This Supra has working fold in mirrors, which from what ive read is hard to find haha, and also has the active splitter. Now what can i do interms of looks. Im allready planning to do a manual conversion, and then either a 1JZ or 2JZ turbo conversion.

Opinions allways appreciated.

Bluudy

10389716_10152625997872323_2710716049371474592_n.jpg

10478677_10152669667632323_6748097927683438238_n.jpg

10476496_10152637427072323_8544468482604352587_n.jpg

Welcome to the Club

Recognise this Supra, I sold it back in early 2011

I had found it sat up in a pub car park, the owner had died and the Supra had not moved for a long time

I picked it up cheap and did mainly cosmetic work and flipped it

I know the mileage was high but once I sorted the sticky brakes and knackered disc it was running ok

Good to see it is still around and about to get some tlc

P.S. It had Facelift Cloth Seats in it back in 2011

Thanks! Im not a fan of the bumper surrounds. So they will go eventually.

Glad someone knows of it. Any more info you know about it? Previous owner didnt have it long. And i have bits of paperwork for work done in about 2003.

Mileage is high.. but someone had tried to cover it up and make it look like 45k instead of what it is.

it will look a different car once im finished. What do the standard skirts look like. I would have figured these are standard thats on. As they look plain and simple

bluudy

Welcome Bluudy, car looks good, good luck with getting it sitting how you want. N/A's are brilliantly reliable if you look after them properly :cool:

Yours is stock bodied (ie no skirts), the oem factory option skirts are what Kitch has on his car pictured above :) active spoiler is a bonus, they're becoming very popular and are worth a few quid.

Yup yours are the Stock Toyota skirts, as in they're not the OEM option skirts. I'm not sure how rare the original skirts are, wouldn't have though they're that rare, a lot of people are returning to the stock bodied look with an active spoiler instead of bodykits though, seems to be a trend. I personally love the Trial rear and I'd say go for that, depends what kind of look you're after I guess.

Kitchs car he posted has OEM side skirts and OEM spats.

Welcome :-) defo best colour I had mine resprayed merc white.. check ure oil filter . Wen I bought mine I was told it had an oil leak but was fixed few days later my drive was covered in oil. After a major service to my astonishment the oil filter had know o ring left, so metal on metal could b worh a check

Ok thanks for the info. Ive got a new oil filter, fuel filter and of course oil to go into it ready to go.

think im going to flush this gearbox as well. Fluid is not as red as it should be. So might swap old for new to see if it cuta down the slipping when changing 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd. Only happens under full acceleration etc. Not while driving normally.

Is there a way to change all the fluid in one go? As theres only 2 litres in the sump. Out of 9ish.

I "think" youd need to remove the autobox and torque converter to fully drain it. Alternatively running the engine with one of the ATF coolant pipes hanging down into a basin might drain it but id imagine it will seriously damage the autobox. I may be wrong. Dont do this without hearing from a pro.