The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Worth the price tag for an auto?

Chris6t9

Been looking at this today. Just wondering if its worth the money its up for as it is auto. What do you guys think? Any reason why i shouldn't go and have a look/buy the car?

Anyone in the West Midlands that could pop down and take a look for me to save me a 3 hour trip if its not worth what it is?

Cheers

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/toyota/supra/toyota-supra-turbo/2248086?isexperiment=true

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm, thanks for the input guys. Just come back into looking to buy one so was unsure on if it was worth what it was up for! Never driven an auto supe tho so a bit of insight on that too would be great! The only auto i have driven was a 170bhp Leon tdi :\.

Are they as good as tt6 you think?

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmmm, thanks for the input guys. Just come back into looking to buy one so was unsure on if it was worth what it was up for! Never driven an auto supe tho so a bit of insight on that too would be great! The only auto i have driven was a 170bhp Leon tdi :\.

Are they as good as tt6 you think?

Everyone on this forum will tell you that the autobox in the supras are superb!

I could go and look at it for you but seeing as i placed the advert i think people might

get suspicious

Contact j80leo (Adam) on here if you want to know more about the car

Thanks dnk, your name did ring a bell from when i looked at the add but then i thought nothing of it after!

If anyone else knows of any other like this, with nice mods, be it auto or tt6 please let me know. Budget is 12k at maximum but only for the perfect one.

Supraleeturbo hates his autobox, he describes it as being as retarded as he is...... it can't be that bad surely?

Supraleeturbo doesn't know what he's talking about :rlol: :cool:

I love the auto box, it's an effortless machine to drive.

However, if your focus is on 'b road' blasts, or dare I say drifting, then the manual would probably be a better choice.

For an everyday road going car, the auto is sublime

I'd say it's a couple of £k overpriced imo, but then again show cars aren't my thing.

I did think this originally myself, but everyone else on here seems to think different, and im not one to really know right now after Ive been off the scene for a bit! Either way ill consider going for it a lot more if nothing else comes up by the weekend!

Would prefer a nice 6 speed with mods like this but i think i could be looking at much more ££££!

Ive owned both TT6 and TTauto. Both were bpu. And i have to say i love my auto for everyday use. Its so comfy. You can control all the gears if you like in manu mode. The 6speed was heavy,noisey and hard work for everyday use. Yeah it was fun for that 10% off the time but in real world use 90% off the time the Auto wins hands down.