The mkiv Supra Owners Club

£1000 to spend

JordanC

Hello,

So I've been looking at a few supras and I've been quite curious as to what people would go for if I gave them £1000 free to do modifications to the car.

So (for example) if I had:

'94 RZ TT Auto

58k Miles

199 Quicksilver

UK Brakes

Leather Seats, Electric Driver Seat

Clean, no rusting.

Slight lacquer peel on front bumper

What would you do with the first £1000 you spent on the car? I'm looking for ideas! I'd look to go BPU in the future but would want to get used to the standard car first. Would you get it all checked out and serviced etc or go straight for parts??

Jordan

I'd give it a full service and completely overhaul the brakes.

Would do exactly this, not just a basic service either. If you can budget it then also add braided hose lines, 5.1 dot brake fluid and Chris Wilson fast road pads.

A good extensive service depending on what it's had done. Belts and pulleys being the big ones, cam belt will cost you a fair whack if it's not been done.

If it's in good shape regarding a service take a look at the suspension. See what the condition is and if it's still running the original suspension. Suspension parts aren't cheap.

some good advice on this thread, definitely agree.

OEM Parts to consider replacing:

- Cam cover gaskets (check for leaks first)

- Cam cover breathers

- Coil-pack clips

- Turbo link hose x 2 ( may well be collapsed with age/use)

- Do the Tippex test on the Crank Pulley (CP's are beginning to show signs of failure)

The first thing I'd do is change every single oil in the car such as engine oil, gearbox oil, break fluid, power steering fluid etc and then I'd replace the filters. If all else looked okay ie you can't find anything else that NEEDS to be changed, I'd spend the rest of the money on a full exhaust system and also a front mount Intercooler depending on how expensive each piece cost. I say this because IMO having a free-flowing exhaust as well as a FMIC really does give the car a lot more pull. I noticed you already have UK spec breaks, so it wouldn't be necessary to upgrade them until you do go full BPU, but even then the UK spec breaks seem to work very well.

At the end of the day, people will spend their money differently when it comes to their car, and whilst it is obviously a very good idea to ask for people's opinions I wouldn't let anyone else deter me from spending my money on what I want :p

Good luck with the Sup!