The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fuel consumption

Guest Manzzoti

Guest Manzzoti

Hi there,

I'm looking for a supra( next summer), and i wanna know(i will use her as an everyday car), 1.what is the fuel economy for the N/A Toyota Supra(urban, extra-urban), 2.What gas/fuel do you use? (i'm not from UK, and here, we have regular gas (octanic number 95),super plus gas (98 ) and carrera 100 (as you think, octanic number 100) :( . Thank you for your help ! :)

If you're worried about fuel economy buy a Micra - a Supra is not for you!!

My N/A (second decat, Motoria cat back) does around 18 - 21mpg depending on how heavy my right foot is and how much I'm enjoying listening to the sound of the car... :)

I would work on 20 Mpg as an average. 95 Ron is ok for an NA.

Seriously? i never really paid much attention when i had an N/A but im fairly sure my TT Auto bpu does more than that at the moment!

I might be wrong, but 20mpg?

I do 25 miles a day easy driving and i would guess over 5 days a week (125 miles) i spend £50 just to give an idea

Seriously? i never really paid much attention when i had an N/A but im fairly sure my TT Auto bpu does more than that at the moment!

I do 25 miles a day easy driving and i would guess over 5 days a week (125 miles) i spend £50 just to give an idea

Well, based on that, £50 at an average of £1.40 per litre is 35.7 litres, or 7.87 gallons.

125/7.87 is 15.9mpg :D

NA and TT fuel economy is usually roughly the same. Another reason to buy a proper one :D

I got 21mpg from mine with mixed (combined) driving over a significant amount of miles. Depends what you're expecting. It's not going to be as bad as a big V8 or rotary engine, but isn't going to hit 25mpg with the best will in the world.

The owner off my car before me said he had up to 35mpg

Driving like a gran, down hill, with the wind at your back and over around 1/2 a mile.... that's definitely do-able :D

30mpg is the absolute max I have seen, that was all motorway on the way home from buying the car. It's the only time I've seen figures like that.

You can bump up your economy by cruising behind a big vehicle in traffic on the motorway, Mythbusters demonstrated this nicely. I've had 305 miles out of 3/4 of a tank once, on a trip back from Aylesbury. I was actually starting to disbelieve the fuel gauge. Normally I struggle to get 200 miles :D

Usually around 24 mpg for me. That's real measured data from every tankful. The most I ever got was 28 mpg cruising back from JIC (remember them?) in convoy with my dad, and I've had it in the teens during the summer with the aircon on.

My N/a once got to 28mph ish on a 100miles at 60.

about 17 mpg now i have it back and its TT, i cant help it i have to WhOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOt alot

Correction to the post above

"It was from an era where if you had 36k to spend on a car ,fuel cost and consumption was never really an issue.

You have to remember 36k was house money back then, your talking 140k in todays money

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)

My N/a once got to 28mph ish on a 100miles at 60.

about 17 mpg now i have it back and its TT, i cant help it i have to WhOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOt alot

Correction to the post above

"It was from an era where if you had 36k to spend on a car ,fuel cost and consumption was never really an issue.

You have to remember 36k was house money back then, your talking 140k in todays money

I don't agree with that, my old XR2 had almost the same MPG as the Supra, so would my 2002 EP3 CTR..

Neither of those are what you would call expensive cars.

Simply said back in the 90's fuel was cheap and therefore fuel consumption was not a priority.

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

Guest Manzzoti

My current car : Opel (Vauxhall) Vectra b 1997 1.8 L ( it take 16 mpg in the city and 23 outside) , so actually a supra will be cheaper.

For those who say "if you're looking at the fuel consumption, then a supra it's not the right car for you" ,

1.I can assure you that i will take care of her better then many men out there (i've seen lots of supras in very bad shape) .

2. I'm dreaming for a supra since a was 12 , so i think it is the right car for me. :D .

3. The fuel isn't my biggest problem. The biggest problem it's actually the paperworks right now, becouse we have ENORMOUS taxes if you want to bring a car from another country. ( for a supra, the cost it's between 2000-2500 euros the paperwork(+ 500 to bring her here) ).... :(

P.S. I'm very sorry for my english btw.

Edited by Manzzoti (see edit history)

It's a while since I had an NA but I would class that as a realistic figure. Unless you are doing 60mph all the way down the M6 you may get over 30. I got 28 on a trip around wales in 2007 and that was up hill and down dale etc.

The owner off my car before me said he had up to 35mpg

Was this as he was selling it? I would have said more in "selling" mode.

I've had 30 on good run on motorway with mine but it is better for some reason with the bigger ininjectors and hks ecu is better than when it was stock.

It'll run leaner due to the mapping being setup properly. Stock map is safe (rich).

Na's and petrol reminds me of filling up a bath and then pulling the plug, it doesn't matter wtf you do it just vanishes, turn ignition on (drinks fuel) sit in the car (drinks fuel) cane it (drinks fuel) drive like Miss Daisy (drinks fuel) turn it off (drinks fuel) go to bed (drinks fuel)

Hope this helps.

Na's and petrol reminds me of filling up a bath and then pulling the plug, it doesn't matter wtf you do it just vanishes, turn ignition on (drinks fuel) sit in the car (drinks fuel) cane it (drinks fuel) drive like Miss Daisy (drinks fuel) turn it off (drinks fuel) go to bed (drinks fuel)

Hope this helps.

More factually correct nonsense from you again Graham :p