The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1st supra, progression & na-t build

jdmjak

so i thought i would get started on a build/progression thread of my supra, as I'm currently out of the country working and I'm not back until September i thought it would be a good idea to get the thread up and running so I'm ready to post when the real work starts next month :)

so lets start with the purchase of my first Supra.

I got the supra back in march this year when i swapped it for my widebody s14a drift project, i loved the s14 to bits but decided i wanted the more luxurious side of Japanese sports cars and this is where the supra comes in :)

This is how the car looked the day i picked her up

supra pu3.jpeg

supra pu1.jpeg

So the car as you can tell from the photos is a 2jzge n/a, when i picked up the car it came already with a straight through blitz nur spec exhaust system and a panel filter.

As soon as i saw the car i fell in love with it and when i drove it my mind was made up! why i hadn't bought a supra sooner i have no idea they are just brilliant!

The car did have a few little bits and bobs that weren't perfect such as a small amount of lacquer peel under the passenger door handle, stone chips on the front bumper and cat c recorded damage but as you can see in the photos the car was repaired and you cant even tell! it was even given a full respray in the Toyota 199 silver no expense spared.

Other than that the car was absolutely sound, the underneath completely free from rust or corrosion the interior in superb condition i really was very happy with my first supra.

So after getting the supra i didn't have long with the car before i had to head off to go and work in Canada for 4-5 months, so everything was put on hold but before i went i got in touch with my good friend Dazzi (who alot of you will probably know) and picked up some wheels that he had on his old supra and got rid of the standard 16's.

After this there wasn't really much more i could do so that's as far as things have gone and this is how she looks now

supra 1.jpg

supra2.jpg

supra3.jpg

Crappy phone camera took these so the quality isn't brilliant but you get the idea, will get some better snaps when I'm home.

Edited by jdmjak (see edit history)

So being out here in canada i have managed to not spend any money and instead literally spent every penny of my wage on the car :)

I did a lot of research before going down the na-t route and unfortunately all the best top options such as whifbitz (which i would have loved to have gone with) were way to out of my price league so im having to go down a different route and do the whole thing on a tight budget :/

Here's a list of everything that i have bought for the car up to now that will be getting fitted when im home next month:

2jzge XSpower turbo kit (some people may not like this but please lets not get into a debate about it lol!)

Universal intercooler pipe kit

XTD stage 4 clutch kit with X-lite flywheel capable of 400bhp and 430lbs/tq (to start off with ;) )

550cc injectors for the 2jzge

Walbro 255lph fuel pump

Greddy E-manage ultimate ecu

3 bar map sensor for emanage

AEM AFR wideband kit

new distributor rotor arm

ngk iridium spark plugs

oil filter sandwich plate for turbo oil feed

boost gauge

k&n high flow oil filters x2

gulf formula g oil

fuel filter

gloss black paint for wheels

There maybe some more but i have lost count of what i have bought and how much i have spent haha

This is about all i have at the moment and as soon as i get home the work will begin! :) there will be plenty more photos of all the parts and work carried out once i get started, so stay posted its going to be alot of fun :)

Nice project so far! That list will get you up and running for a very responsive na-t. Can't remember if you told me you'll be doing the full shbang or not. Personally I'd get it up and running with stock compression for a while so you get used to it and have chance to save up for the upgrades for bigger boost. You'd be surprised what a high compression na-t feels like. Drives like stock off boost with that extra kick on boost :D

How long are you back for before you have to ditch the bitch again :p

decided in the end to stick with the stock compression and upgrade to tt pistons and rods later once i can find a gearbox capable of handling the extra power.

for now im just going to go standard na-t :) using all the parts that i listed above.

im going to be back for 3 weeks, get home on the 5th september and going to hopefully start working on her straight away, will need some assistance with some of the work if you fancy helping me out?? ;)

Did you buy a spare engine in the end or are you dropping the tt pistons into your existing engine?

Yea I'm just down the road! I'm away in Lazarote but will be back on 9th Sept. Gives you a chance to drive your car a bit after sitting a while. We need to go for a cruise!

put a deposit down on an engine yeh just need to arrange collection once im back and will be building that to swap in once i have the tt pistons in it and again a suitable gearbox for the power.

cheers buddy im going to need all the help i can get haven't been under the bonnet of a car in a while and this will be the first time tinkering with a supra :p

im going to need a few days to get the clutch bedded in so was going to go to the squires meet on the 9th sept then start work after that, you think you will get to the one on the 9th? or will you not be back in time??

Nice that'll be a good project. From the experience I've had from my build I can give you some pointers haha!

Well I'll be back early hours on the 8th/9th lol squires meet? Is that the first Tuesday of the month? If so thats the 2nd :(

Received some pictures from my dad the other day of a few of the parts that have been arriving still a lot more to come, started to get excited now! :p

Also got confirmation that the turbo kit arrived safely in the UK and will be at my house on Thursday! can't wait to get home now and get started!!

Here's some new pictures :)

WP_20140804_001.jpg WP_20140804_002.jpg

WP_20140804_004.jpg WP_20140804_006.jpg

WP_20140804_007.jpg WP_20140804_008.jpg

WP_20140804_010.jpg WP_20140804_011.jpg

haha i am out the country as well buying parts and getting skyped from my dad showing what i have bought.

i have spent a lot of moneys. lol

I am returning to the UK in a week or so. NA-T build wont be started for a few weeks yet. mmy orgigional plan was to do it on a budget but i dont want mine blowing up. but got carried away with my spending. haha.

I think we will be starting these around a similar time by the looks of it.

What number is your house again ;)

stay away from my house you! lol

haha i am out the country as well buying parts and getting skyped from my dad showing what i have bought.

i have spent a lot of moneys. lol

I am returning to the UK in a week or so. NA-T build wont be started for a few weeks yet. mmy orgigional plan was to do it on a budget but i dont want mine blowing up. but got carried away with my spending. haha.

I think we will be starting these around a similar time by the looks of it.

its bloody annoying buying it all but that not being able to get anything done :mad: don't you agree?

its easy to carried away with it, i know exactly what you mean i have literally spent all my money this month haha

i will be hopefully getting started somewhere round the 8th September when i finally get home :)

are you doing a build thread on yours?

Turbo kit arrived at my house yesterday evening! just waiting on a few more bits and that's everything i need.

As soon as i get home i will be posting pictures of all the parts, but as for work that may be put on hold as i maybe acquiring a new car for the build....

• 1 year later...
Guest doninphi

Did you fit the XTD clutch? How did you rate them? Been looking at their kits on eBay, but they don't state power.

It's to go in a w58 converted (well to be) soarer 1jz, 300whp. Probably end up at 320whp max.