The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just saying Hi

Guest SupraScott88

Guest SupraScott88

Hi There

New to the forums just saying hi. I have a 95 twin turbo supra, only had it a month now and loving it :)

Have a Couple of questions [COOL][/COOL]

Anyone have a white supra and noticed that the rear bumper isn't a duller colour than the rest of the car? I was looking to get it resprayed, does anyone know any good places to get it resprayed in Northern Ireland?

2Nd question is regarding alloy wheels, I've attached a picture so hopefully it works. Currently it is just the stock supra alloys.

For these wheels I was thinking

front 18 x 8.5 with 235/40/18

rear 18 x 9.5 with 265/35/18

Will these fit a supra? Was Also thinking of getting Hankook Ventus V12 evo - K110 tyres, anyone any experience with these, are they good?

Cheers

Scott

imagesCAARL3CR.jpg

Guest SupraScott88

I have no idea what the offset is lol, im completely new to this haha. , going to maybe get them from performance alloys so hopefully they are pretty clued up.

Keeps saying file is too big when i try to upload pics of the car..

Edited by SupraScott88 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SupraScott88

Yea looks good in white :)

Nah has a Blitz air filter

blitz spec nur R exhaust

Blitz boost controller

Bigger U.k Brakes i think

and blitz dump valve.

Hey Scott, welcome, how's it going mate, whereabouts in Down are you from? Car looks very clean, they're so nice in white :cool: The back bumper is plastic so can sometimes look a different colour to the rest of the car. If it's bugging you and you're looking recommendations for body shops there are a few members from Down that'll be able to point you in the right direction depending on where you live, as a rough guide I'd expect to pay between £150 and £200 for it. As WhyT and Dunk have said, it's the offset (ET) that will decide whether the wheels will fit, if they're around et30 they'll sit nice and a bit further out than the stock wheels. You need to be looking for a centre bore of 60.1 and PCD of 5x114.3, and your studs are m12x1.5.

I'm in Donaghadee, we're planning a coast run sometime before the end of the summer, keep an eye on the Ireland section of the forum for details bud :)

Guest SupraScott88

Hey :) live in ards, so not to far from yourself. Yea that would be great JIm, I had a word with a guy called Colin in bangor who has a wee business at his house spraying cars and seemed reputable but obviously want to shop around too, so any ideas would be more than welcome. As regards alloys i bit the bullet and got a set of hyper black Lenso spec E alloys, i was advised by performance alloy that they should fit no problem, so heres hoping :D Would deff be up for a coast run, hopefully the weather stays nice.

spec_e_hyperdark.jpg

I have washed and tried turtle wax colour back cleaning products Dim sum but didnt seem to do much,is there anything in particular you would recommend polishing it with?

Edited by SupraScott88 (see edit history)

Not far at all lol, there are a few Supra's in Ards too. David (supra geek on here, owns a lovely white supra) got some painting done recently at a really good price and the colour match was spot on, I'll point him in this direction. The Lenso's are nice and will suit the car well :)

Wash and turtle wax is ok, but to revive paint by polishing you'd probably need a more involved process, claying first, then a compound (using a machine) and finishing off with a glaze or wax.

:hello: Scott when getting your new wheels you need to make sure your wheel clearance is adequate if you have the larger uk calipers/brakes

image.jpg

as I nearly made that mistake few weeks back myself and ref your bumper I used bottle of compound with buckets of water and good old muscle power and my paint work came up like glass but you will need to protect it as Jim says with a good quality wax :cool: .

image.jpg

Edited by FAMILY MAN (see edit history)

Guest SupraScott88
Not far at all lol, there are a few Supra's in Ards too. David (supra geek on here, owns a lovely white supra) got some painting done recently at a really good price and the colour match was spot on, I'll point him in this direction. The Lenso's are nice and will suit the car well :)

Wash and turtle wax is ok, but to revive paint by polishing you'd probably need a more involved process, claying first, then a compound (using a machine) and finishing off with a glaze or wax.

Think ive saw that supra white with gold rota gtrs? was chatting the fella for a bit in halfords carpark..So tried to clean bumper again today, clayed it first then used g3 colour renovator and then waxed it, seems to have brought it up a bit, but as you said prob gunna need buffed or sprayed

Hi Family man, yea that was me at the motor show, took your advice and got on here lol. That pic of the calipers looks like mine so im guessing ive got the bigger u.k brakes :)