The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi from a Yorkshire bloke

Bio73

Hi guys and girls

Just thought I would post a hello on here. Have been an avid viewer of the site for a good few years now but never got round to making one so thought I should as I seem to spend a lot of time on here and there is a lot of great advice to be had and great people to talk to.

My name is Matt and I'm from North Yorkshire and I'm looking to get my first supra so couldn't think of a better place to start advice wise ect :)

I'm undecided on if I'm going to start from a rolling shell or a full car yet so was hoping that would be something I could get some advice on :) what it the general consensus?

Cheers

Hi Matt and welcome to the club!

Generally people start with a full car if they've never driven a supra before, it would be a bit of a heart ache to waste a couple of years and spend a fortune building something that's not really what you expected. Not that that's the case they're lovely cars and most people that drive a supra find it hard to better it with something.

Find something that's best suited to you and get the feel of it, then if it's everything you expected you can start thinking about upgrades etc but usually it's always best starting with something as a whole, that way you can sell bits to buy bits you know exactly what's what and you'll save yourself a whole lot of frustration in the long run.

Welcome to the club Matt and fellow Yorkshire man.

I'm pretty new here too and I started with a nice little N/A that I've spent a year tarting up with a view to either building a project or moving to a TT in the near future..

The forums are full of little gems so well worth sticking about for some awesome advice and also maybe meeting a few of the lads, I know the Yorkshire boys meet quite a bit and a really friendly!

Hi all :) thanks for the kind words and advice.

Cheers for the heads up kaan, I think that sounds about right to be honest, I am really picky about my cars haha and building one up from scratch is a dream of mine. You know like starting with the barebones and then making it exactly how you dream it sorta thing :) I'll have to see what is available and see if I can get a nice full car or see if any bargain rolling shells catch my eye :)

Hello and welcome. As Al said there's me and my missus here in Ripon. I have a mate round the corner with a silver one, another mate with a couple of non runners a bit further up and another in Pateley Bridge :D

Next Squires meet is this Tuesday night.

hey man welcome! good to see more supra owners in the north yorkshire area, there better be some squires action going down when i get back from canada ;) supras been sat on the drive for over 4 months now she needs a good run out! and the turbo fitting (hint hint dazzi ;) haha)

• 11 months later...

@Al masses saw you in your supra the other day mate :) started working at citroen and Pug at Clifton Moor and saw you at the roundabout. Had to get the obligatory "ermagerd sick supra" photo to show my mates haha! Noticed a guy who works down at toyota has a yellow one too.

Cheers for all the kind words btw guys :) still on the hunt for a good car to start off with atm. Deffo getting a rolling sshell build going. Just need to sort one haha. Any of you lo know of any for sale rkind here?

@Al masses saw you in your supra the other day mate :) started working at citroen and Pug at Clifton Moor and saw you at the roundabout. Had to get the obligatory "ermagerd sick supra" photo to show my mates haha! Noticed a guy who works down at toyota has a yellow one too.

Ha ha

Should beep the horn and wave next time dude

Yeah that's Jon Ebdon