The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Let's talk induction... InJen?

gordy.r

Ok, so a lot of us agree that stock airbox and OEM or K&N panel filter or similar is a good way to go.

I currently have an HKS mushroom kit on but also have a stock airbox and K&N panel filter which I was about to fit.... But.... I'm looking at 'blinging' up my engine bay a little bit and really fancied an alloy of polished alloy hard pipe kit leading from the airbox to engine etc.

And then I spotted this:

http://www.carid.com/1994-toyota-supra-air-intakes/injen-air-intake-359331.html

Anyone have any experience of these? Looks like a pretty solid kit with full hard pipe.

In true Commonwealth Games fashion, discuss... :D

Kindo of skim read the whole thing. They are claiming faster spool and 25rwhp. They say the air is less disturbed as it dosent 'split' it it just goes straight to the turbo and also less bends for the air go around. How true this is I don't know.

This is a post from #250

With a mechanical engineer I know (my father) we fastly calculated 4 important points to consider wich are all good sounding for the Dual intake.

1. 2.5 inch diameter twice give as much as 39% increase over 3inch diameter OEM piping !

2. Ribled piping lost is incredible compared to standard straith piping, can't remember the numbers, but big lost removed for sure

3. The Dual cone filters I used (2 filters) give 3 time more filtration area than a single Apexi "Power Intake"

4. Removing 180degree of restriction, then 120 degree and 3-4 feets of piping plus the 2 bolt restrictions are all huge restrictions

5. The T divider where the air is splitted to each turbo is a HUGE loss because of the generated turbulence when both turbo work

I resume the discussion I had with my father without all the numbers like a 90degree equal to 25feets of straith run or something, but for sure this is a MUST to all Twins owners.

Also the air filters I ordered are considered the best over K&N, Apexi, Greddy, HKS, Blitz, etc., ordered from australia (again) from eBay, here is the article: http://pages.videotron.com/kanemack/AirFilter.pdf