The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Random car alarm going off....

gordy.r

So over the past few nights, my car alarm has been going off at random intervals.

The first night it was about 1130pm whilst I was watching a film. I jumped off the sofa and ran for the door to catch whoever was breaking into my car in the act and administer some of my own justice... But nobody was there.

After this happening for two days I was getting exasperated as I had a similar issue with my old Audi and it ended up costing me £400 to replace water damaged sensors.

So, fast forward to today whilst I'm driving back from work, wearing a pair of shorts, and I feel something crawling up my leg.... I am not a fan of spiders so instantly looked down and nearly crashed when I seen the biggest moth I've ever laid eyes on on my ankle.

It then decided to take flight and go back under the pedals. After stopping and trying to find it, I had to give up.

Then tonight (5 minutes ago to be precise) the car alarm goes off and there it is fluttering about in front of the rear view mirror. A quick evacuation from the car and I'm hoping now that my car alarm related problems will be gone.

Could have been embarrassing (and costly) had I taken it to a garage to be 'repaired' lol :)

• 3 weeks later...
Hey boy thats my moth, it must have come out of my wallet just before you bought the car. Would it be possible to post it back to me as there is still a space for it, thank you!

Haha it was quite a big moth, I could see it residing in the big barn of yours lol.

I shall try and find him again as I'm sure it is still residing near by terrifying the local feline population.

Hope all is well with yourself!