The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aero roof leak, problem solved after all this time

The Raven

My roof has always leaked, more so afgter i removed the shed loads of sealent its other owner put on it.

Well last week while playing with the subwoofer control mounted in the glove box i looked at the "instructions" Never botherd following them before. So i did all the bolts in order.............guess what............ZERO rain got in none not even a drip.

If it was this that fixed it or the removal of the wind breaker bracket i dont know.

All i can tell you is i would leave a towl on the passenger side seat to catch the water that would pour though. After doing it this way there was nothing. The weather couldnt have been worse. I was in that london flooding yesterday.

Mine used to leak when I first got it. Same as you Raven I followed the tightening instructions but I also spray the seals with silicone spray once a month and rub it in with a cloth. This really puffs the seals up and brings them back to life. It's been years now without a drop getting in.