The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear seat space

Guest Rhubarb

Guest Rhubarb

Um so yeah

I don't own mine yet but wondered what the space I'm the back seats is like (can you actually put people in the back!!!!)

Pics always nice :)

You can't physically sit someone behind the driver (unless the driver is a midget), but there is room in the passenger side for an adult, but it's not going to be comfortable!

The best thing to do with the rear seats is to fold the back down. This creates a very useful boot space.

It all depends on where you are going and who with. If you consider driving positions my wife has shorter legs and sits under the steering wheel with her nose pressed on the windscreen so there's stacks of room behind her when she drives. I have gangly legs and drive in a very laid back poise so there's no room behind me when I drive. I can lift the steering wheel and utch my seat forward to make room. Passenger side surprisingly has less room as the glovebox area and the ecu and other gizmos under the carpet cuts the room down on that side.

I've had two large chaps in my old car one of whom was 20 stone and 6'11" the other 16 stone and 6'2" but we didn't go far so speed display removed the requirement for comfort. Now we drive two adults up front with our two kids in the back and in reality legroom isn't amazing but good enough even on long runs. Headroom is going to be the first issue methinks.

To surmise if you need to get people from a to b then you can do so but I'd rather ferry around in my 530 estate especially as it's faster than her supra lol!

The supra back seats are basically useless, you can get children in the back with the seats forward a little bit or short people. The driving position becomes pretty uncomfortable if anyone sits behind the driver but it's not too bad for short trips.

I drove from Teesside to Halifax recently with 2 of my friends kids in the back, (my friend was in the front, nothing creepy going on ha)

They're aged 7 and 5, and they were fine. Not one complain from um, even tho thy couldnt see out the side windows! Bonus is they don't need child boosters, as the tiny rear seats are like baby seats anyway.

Guest Rhubarb

Awesome news. I have had the impreza before and it was great!! Limited on boot space but I will have the same problem I'm assuming in the supra..... But want to upgrade front the scooby ideally