The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Manos' NA5

nolizma

Hi guys!

I am starting this thread so I can have a history timeline for the car and also to share my supra experience with you. :)

-A bit about me first.

I was in love with the supra since I was a kid and I am so happy to be able to drive one now! I come from Greece where supras are very very rare and this makes this car much more special to me. The first time I ever saw a supra (on the road) was only 6-7 years ago and I couldn't believe my eyes!

This is it parked next to my first car:

By the way this is the third car I ever had, here are my previous two:

I know my corolla might look a bit sketchy but I was only 19 back then :p Also, great car! Really miss it!

-Back to the supra

I bought her from Rich.2211 on the 5th of July

The car is well looked after and in great shape for a 20 years old car. The engine is quite new (only 30000 miles). There are a few upgrades on the car:

XXR 521 alloys with Toyo T1 Sport tyres all round, 40mm lowering springs, anthracite grey painted dash panels, dark grey dyed carpets, UK spec glass headlights with black inners, smoothed front bumper, Wings West style polyurethane colour coded front lip, calipers painted with Supra decals, stainless 3" cat back exhaust system, assorted stainless engine bolts, Likwidart rear Supra badge, red stitched arm rest covers, tinted side repeaters and indicators, JVC head unit and uprated rear speakers and a TRD air filter.

Everyone likes pictures :)

-The plan for now is to maintain the car in a good shape and also upgrade a few things

I want to tidy up the interior, although its not bad.

So far I managed to get my hands on a new Kenwood double din head unit which I installed last weekend.

Im quite happy with it. Unfortunately I dont have a picture of it fitted with the console reassembled but will get one up soon.

next on the list are:

-Fix the A/C (I am missing condenser and pipework).

-wrap the grey parts in black suede

-change the main dash lights to LED (open to suggestions for colour. My new head unit has almost all colours illumination available)

-new speedo, probably custom

-front seats retrimmed in black leather

-new steering wheel (?)

Exterior:

-I want to replace the tinted turn signals to original (maybe facelift) to break up the blackness

-Cut off the ears of the front lip, I also like the kansai lip a lot but I am not sure since the current one can take a lot of beating without any problems (the roads in York suck!) Any thoughts?

Handling:

-I want to add a bit more rigidity so I am thinking of getting some strut braces. Any suggestions?

-I am happy with the height of the car now, but in some occasions under heavy breaking I can hear the front tires scrape on the fenders. I would like something stiffer but I am afraid the ride quality will be terrible after that. Any thoughts?

Performance:

-For now going NA-T is out of the question since funds are low, but considering going De-cat. What will I get from that and is the noise going to be unbearable? :p

Thats it for now. Just to let you know this is going to be a very slow progress!! :D

Small bonus: Here is a short clip of me testing if my LSD works properly. Looks like it does! :D

Edited by nolizma (see edit history)

Lovely car.

If you change the indicators I'd go with clear ones instead of the smoked look. However it looks good as it is in my opinion.

As for the ears on the lip with a black car I always preferred it with the ears. The only time id remove the ears would be on a white car. Kansai lip is nice too however not a road friendly as its not made from polyurethane.

With performance I'd definitely go for a decat and go back to the stock air box.

Also what size tyres and wheels do you have on the front? If running is an issue you can always cut or roll the arches if you happy with the ride as it is.

Looks good mate, cracking colour and nice wheels too

Thanks man!

Actually today I scraped my front one quite badly. SO painfull. Not 100% used to the car yet.

Lovely car.

If you change the indicators I'd go with clear ones instead of the smoked look. However it looks good as it is in my opinion.

As for the ears on the lip with a black car I always preferred it with the ears. The only time id remove the ears would be on a white car. Kansai lip is nice too however not a road friendly as its not made from polyurethane.

With performance I'd definitely go for a decat and go back to the stock air box.

Also what size tyres and wheels do you have on the front? If running is an issue you can always cut or roll the arches if you happy with the ride as it is.

Thanks mate!

Might go for the kansai later on when I am used to the car and the roads here. So far I feel a bit like mistreating it but the roads are pretty bad too!

I dont like that curve on the ears mate, I prefer it following the original lines.

I have the stock box with a trd air filter. Isn't this the best possible?

As for the de-cat, what do you earn? And how loud is it? Anyone who's done it?

18 wheels on the front, not sure on the offsets

tyres are 235 40 zr18

I know the suspension is bilstein and has lowering springs but not sure on make for those.

Edited by nolizma (see edit history)

lovely car mate, when I heard this was for sale I was tempted myself but mrs would of killed me, she already hates mine lol

We will have to get together with manos once my car is out of the bodyshop, I was tempted to buy the same wheels as yours in a chrome effect (if they sell it)

lovely car mate, when I heard this was for sale I was tempted myself but mrs would of killed me, she already hates mine lol

We will have to get together with manos once my car is out of the bodyshop, I was tempted to buy the same wheels as yours in a chrome effect (if they sell it)

Thanks mate!

Yea we should arrange a little meet :)

Nice Thread mate!!!

Regards

Manos :p

Thanks Manos :p

I did it in a bit of a rush to be honest, and pictures are not the best but at least now there is something to start with. :)

More to come soon hopefully!

Btw did you fit the new exhaust?

• 7 months later...
Hi people,

I am looking for new rear tyres. Funds are low so not going for anything too fancy.

Any suggestions? Size is 265 35 18

Achilles are very nice, coming from continental sport contact 2s, I have to say they are not too bad for the price, they offer great grip in all conditions, low noise and don't wear as quick as conti's. They are remoulds of Hankooks. Even driven with them in the snow in an auto.

Manos try

http://www.tyreleader.co.uk/

Their prices are very good, never cheap out on tyres though!

Give gumtree a go too as you can get some bargains. I bought a set of new vred for my uncle that a bloke was selling, and were half the price of new

Achilles are very nice, coming from continental sport contact 2s, I have to say they are not too bad for the price, they offer great grip in all conditions, low noise and don't wear as quick as conti's. They are remoulds of Hankooks. Even driven with them in the snow in an auto.

Thanks guys! Will consider the achilles ones. Also thanks for the link ufo! Some great prices!

Thank you for the nice comments guys! :)

Looks great did you buy tyres?

I did mate, also from the site you suggested! Many thanks!

Got a good deal on some Kumho Ecsta LE Sport KU39 for the back. They were 65% off or so they claimed.

Went for wider too (275) which I think improved the stance too!

Also my front facelift indicators are new. Really happy with them! Thanks to Russell (monkey3)

• 10 months later...

Haven't updated this thread in a while.

Not much progress to be honest but I was saving so more exciting things to come this year!

Found the time to do some DIY jobs I was postponing for some time.

So. I wanted to plasti dip my dash panels for a while. they were in good condition, painted dark grey but I wanted a more OEM look so went for it.

I also fitted my new boost gauge since I had everything out. Yes I know its NA but This is going to change soon.

Also got my door cards apart and fitted some new 4" speakers at the front with the help of the TB developments adapters which fitted great! Thanks Tim. Also fitted the blanking plates.

I had some OEM arm rests that I bought some time ago and fitted these too as my old ones were a bit dodgy

Very happy with the end result. The new speakers sound great too!

Made a few mistakes as far as the plasti dip is concerned. Scratched the panels a lot trying to fit them back on the dash and made a bit of a mess around the gear surround removing the masking but I am happy with the overall look.

Before:

After:

Thanks for looking!! :)

Haven't updated this thread in a while.

Not much progress to be honest but I was saving so more exciting things to come this year!

Found the time to do some DIY jobs I was postponing for some time.

So. I wanted to plasti dip my dash panels for a while. they were in good condition, painted dark grey but I wanted a more OEM look so went for it.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh233/nolizma/WP_20160117_001.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh233/nolizma/WP_20160117_002.jpg

I also fitted my new boost gauge since I had everything out. Yes I know its NA but This is going to change soon.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh233/nolizma/WP_20160119_001.jpg

Also got my door cards apart and fitted some new 4" speakers at the front with the help of the TB developments adapters which fitted great! Thanks Tim. Also fitted the blanking plates.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh233/nolizma/WP_20160123_004.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh233/nolizma/WP_20160122_003.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh233/nolizma/WP_20160123_002.jpg

I had some OEM arm rests that I bought some time ago and fitted these too as my old ones were a bit dodgy

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh233/nolizma/WP_20160123_001.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh233/nolizma/WP_20160123_005.jpg

Very happy with the end result. The new speakers sound great too!

Made a few mistakes as far as the plasti dip is concerned. Scratched the panels a lot trying to fit them back on the dash and made a bit of a mess around the gear surround removing the masking but I am happy with the overall look.

Before:

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh233/nolizma/64ecll.jpg

After:

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh233/nolizma/IMG_20160130_122422683_HDR.jpg

Thanks for looking!! :)

Plastidip looks great! Much better than when i attempted it lol so I'll be sticking with matt black for now.

Black carpet would tidy it up a load!