The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Side Skirts Debate For My 'Rev Run'.

supersizejim

IMG_1570[1].jpgIMG_1603[1].jpg

Here is my Supra. As she is off the road for a short time, Now is the perfect time for the decision on my side skirt issue.. I have decided that I now longer like my Blitz skirts, and after many views of hundreds of side skirts, my final choice comes down to 2 contenders.

Do I go completely standard 'which I favor at the mo'.. Or do I go Do-Luck Side Skirts?

Overall I am pretty happy with the car and the mods I have done over the past few weeks. However this is the only decision I'm struggling with.

Your opinions would be welcome. I'm sure there will be a winner.

Will also post some other mods I've done over the weeks for feedback also.. Cheers Jim. :):)

Yeah I know..Stock is the way forward for sure I think.

Dunno what the plan of action is for the Trial rear then.. Hopefully that body shop guy you know could work some magic on it. I have become quite attached to it and feel that it matches the cars look quite well. Will remove the TRD boot spoiler, and either replace it with a OEM one or an Abflug. Plan is to get the side skirts, spoiler and bits and bobs for the blow over when the bad weather comes.

Hopefully get some use outta it before the summer ends. Wanna try and make USC at Santa Pod!

mine is stock and i love it so my vote goes that way. im thinking of hydro dipping the front splitter and plastics on the sideskirts hockey sticks etc so they are carbon.. wouldn't look much different but still slightly special.. worth considering perhaps :)

Thanks for the input. Not a bad idea bud.

Tasty car this one:cool:

The only pain you have with going stock body is the fact the trial rear is blended in mate, will be a pita to remove.

But I still say stock body FTW :)

Yeah I know..Stock is the way forward for sure I think.

Dunno what the plan of action is for the Trial rear then.. Hopefully that body shop guy you know could work some magic on it. I have become quite attached to it and feel that it matches the cars look quite well. Will remove the TRD boot spoiler, and either replace it with a OEM one or an Abflug. Plan is to get the side skirts, spoiler and bits and bobs for the blow over when the bad weather comes.

Hopefully get some use outta it before the summer ends. Wanna try and make USC at Santa Pod!

• 2 months later...

I think if the do luck side skirts had the vent near the hockey stick, I would choose those. Blitz are my overall favourite, but like you, I seem to be liking them a bit less nowadays. You thought about Ridox? Not a fan of any other side skirt tbh. Are those XXR 521's? They look stunning, what sizes/offset did you go for?