The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aisin parts - opinions

Attero

What do you guys think of aisin parts. Been recommended to purchase an aisin clutch as it is "OEM quality" for much cheaper. I was told they actually manufacture OEM toyota parts.

I'm sure you guys know or thing or two about this.

But I'm asking if Aisin is OEM. No point paying the extra amount if im getting the same thing.

Ah I get you, who told you they are 'oem quality'? In my experience garages will normally say that to get you to buy blue print items. Maybe give Toyota a call and ask them direct, I guess they would know.

Yeah. The guy said it was manufactured for toyota and couldn't quite work out if he meant for them or for toyota cars as a non-OEM. If I can clarify this, I might as well go with Aisin. Apparently Toyota just slap a large price tag on it. If so... this is certainly an interesting new development for me.

Shame as I just spent a bomb diggity on a water pump.