The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone used A-Plan?

Stu_Fraser

My insurance is up for renewal at the end of the month so ive been phoning round for quotes.....

Got one today for £875 from A-Plan which i think is a good price considering im 26 with only 3yrs NCB, this was with mods declared and they were fine about me modding the car more over the next year.

Just wondering if anyone has used A-plan, if so what they like??

Yes, I've been with them the last two years, and several times before that. They've always been very good for me and much cheaper than elsewhere (I take it this was with the Jap import special schemes place?). They actually know what they're talking about with imports so you don't have to spend ages trying to persuade them that your car does in fact exist. You pretty much have to pay all up front though - they do have an installments thing but will charge you a fair bit for it.

I'm with them too, good on vehicle swaps and covering x2 cars for a month (approx £40-50). Agree with Simon B far easier to talk to than most insurers.

I think from memory they upped the policy mod wise on % power increase from stock.

Gav whats the plans for the NA then?

Cheers people, yeah they were really easy to talk to, knew what i was talking about straight away. Its looking like they are a good bet then, just gonna have to wait to see if my current insurance company can better the A-Plan quote

As for modding in the future, they said they would have a problem with stuff like BOV's, induction kits, body kits, FMIC etc

Im not sure if they insure under 25's though

If you call A-plan make sure you speak to Olly and mention you are from a car club, they're running a special scheme for modded jap cars at the moment.

They'll insure any mod, (singles, NOS, etc) at very little extra cost. I have all my mods declared and pay around £800. They quoted only £100 per year extra if I had a single turbo conversion.

Ive been with em for a year or so now and all mods declared they charged me £1100ish. Admiral were charging me £1200 with no mods declared.

When I get my run around (Pug 205, etc) I am gonna call em to see what they can do on a 2nd car policy.

Give em a go, they know what a supra is and dont punish you for modding your car. :thumbs:

Just been on the phone to Olly at A-Plan, declared all the mods

Stillen Nose,

Veilside Body Kit

UK Brakes

Onboard computer with touchscreen....

Apexi SAFC-2

Apexi Auto Timer

And some engine modifications which I'm not listing yet till they have been installed...

They are looking into it, and didn't sound too confident given the level of modification *Grin*, fingers crossed...

Gav