The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hey Everyone

rob.sherer

Hey I'm new to the club,

I've always loved the supra and after i finish my apprenticeship in less than a year I'm planning on buying my first supra.

I currently drive a 740 e38 bmw if anyone wanted to know lol.

Just wanted to say hi and let people know that I've joined the forum :)

I will probably be asking everyone about what supra to get and what to look out for, I will be wanting a 6 speed TT supra millage wont bother me too much and I would like to find one as standard as possible as will want to make it a big project of mine :)

ah nice and i have around 5k saved at the moment but that will go up over the next 10 months and will sell a car for another 3-4k so will have around 8-10k maybe more. then if i need too may take out a small loan to make up for the rest of the monies. been looking up garrage wifbitz to convert it to a single turbo but will need other suporting modds as well. what you think?

been looking up garrage wifbitz to convert it to a single turbo but will need other suporting modds as well. what you think?

Id say you'll be more than happy with a BPU'd TT6 for a while before you need to start sourcing £10-£15k for a properly done single conversion.

Welcome to the club.

8-10k is a really nice budget for an auto supra, you'll have a lot of choice and you'll find a lot of good examples for that money, all depends on spec though of course. The 6 speeds are the ones which fetch the big money and some single turbo ones have sold for over £20k. For a TT 6 speed you're probably looking around 12-14k budget, 10k if you're lucky. I've personally used Whifbitz for some work on my car and couldn't recommend Paul enough, he's great to deal with and will take great care of the car.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?310082-Full-carbon-wide-body-6-speed-single-700bhp

Widebody 6 speed single, 700+bhp high spec for £24k

I wouldn't rule out an auto though. Have you driven one?

Edited by Jord (see edit history)

8-10k is a really nice budget for an auto supra, you'll have a lot of choice and you'll find a lot of good examples for that money, all depends on spec though of course. The 6 speeds are the ones which fetch the big money and some single turbo ones have sold for over £20k. For a TT 6 speed you're probably looking around 12-14k budget, 10k if you're lucky. I've personally used Whifbitz for some work on my car and couldn't recommend Paul enough, he's great to deal with and will take great care of the car.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?310082-Full-carbon-wide-body-6-speed-single-700bhp

Widebody 6 speed single, 700+bhp high spec for £24k

I wouldn't rule out an auto though. Have you driven one?

ah okay. i dont mind it really being an auto but you are restricted in some ways are you not? (burnouts) :p

and yes i have driven an auto one and it was great fun.

are they as tunable as the manual ones?

ah okay. i dont mind it really being an auto but you are restricted in some ways are you not? (burnouts) :p

and yes i have driven an auto one and it was great fun.

are they as tunable as the manual ones?

Yup they're just as tunable really. I didn't think I'd like an auto at first when I started looking, I wanted a manual but after owning one I love it. Sure it's not as involved as driving a manual and sure you can't do burnouts really but the power is there when you want it and the auto gear changes are fast and smooth making it a nice driving experience.

Depends what you really want ultimately. As you say you could get a small loan or stretch your budget a bit further for the 6 speed manual. You never know though if someone needs the money badly enough you could pick one up at a steal, it's been known to happen. I don't think you'd be disappointed with an auto though and as gordy says BPU will probably be enough for quite a long time, looking at over 400bph easily. And a single turbo conversion isn't cheap, looking at £10k+. You'd be better off buying an already single'd 6 speed at that money probably.

Have a good browse of the classifieds, you should be able to get a good idea of what spec you can get for the budget.

Yup they're just as tunable really. I didn't think I'd like an auto at first when I started looking, I wanted a manual but after owning one I love it. Sure it's not as involved as driving a manual and sure you can't do burnouts really but the power is there when you want it and the auto gear changes are fast and smooth making it a nice driving experience.

Depends what you really want ultimately. As you say you could get a small loan or stretch your budget a bit further for the 6 speed manual. You never know though if someone needs the money badly enough you could pick one up at a steal, it's been known to happen. I don't think you'd be disappointed with an auto though and as gordy says BPU will probably be enough for quite a long time, looking at over 400bph easily. And a single turbo conversion isn't cheap, looking at £10k+. You'd be better off buying an already single'd 6 speed at that money probably.

Have a good browse of the classifieds, you should be able to get a good idea of what spec you can get for the budget.

okay will have a look at some at a later time as im back to work now. will deffo check out some auto ones :)

thanks for all the advise! :)