The mkiv Supra Owners Club

a bitter sweet day :) :( JUST GOT SWEET AGAIN

dr_jekyll

today, I had Lyndon (nodalmighty) come down to map my car for the third time of trying due to my car having some wiring issues previously. but new loom in and away we went . the car was mapped at 1.2 bar with a 10.5-1 compression ratio on 630 injectors and it was flying, easily the fastest car I have ever owned . ontop of that it was silky smooth through the whole rev range and the david p fully shimmed hybrid box was superb, no slip atall and sharp precise changes.

we had just finished mapping and all was well, I decided to give 1 last full throttle punch down the m4 when the car sort of just coughed and didn't accelerate atall , yup the turbo completely shat itself , seems like a baring collapse :( so for a short while I had a beast of car.

big thanks to lydon for repeatedly driving down and david p for his excellent gearbox and all the other help he allways offers,

on another note, who has a t4 turbo for sale :p

Edited by dr_jekyll (see edit history)

the engine will be fine. the impeller blades are all still on , just the baring has given up. im sure the motor will be fine anything that may have gone dow the oil retune pip will a. stick to the magnet in the sump , or be be stoped by the pickup mesh .

I cant see anything getting blown through the inlet .

just ordered the replacement induction forcer . i decided to go back to my trust xs power t61 as they never let me down, every time i deviate away from them i have turbo probs . admitted i rarely buy branded high end turbos.

as its a bit smaller on the hot side i should get faster spool and at 1.2 bar the .68 hot side should cope fine without choking. ill be driving it up to lydon for a map trim to suit the tuby soon as possible

admitted i rarely buy branded high end turbos.

That could exactly prove why your in the position your in now.

Treat your self to a new technology turbo not the old xspower Chinese rubish, I know its a big difference money wise but you do get what you pay for

ive never broke an xs power one.

i treated my self to a garret unit about 5 years ago. was smoking its nuts off after 2k, admitted a hard 2k with lots of track use but kinda put me off forking out the last t61 i had did 4 years before i broke the car . i sold the turbo and as far as im aware its still plodding on

Edited by dr_jekyll (see edit history)

ive never broke an xs power one.

i treated my self to a garret unit about 5 years ago. was smoking its nuts off after 2k, admitted a hard 2k with lots of track use but kinda put me off forking out the last t61 i had did 4 years before i broke the car . i sold the turbo and as far as im aware its still plodding on

Turbos have changed since 5 years ago, maybe try a billet turbo or the new precision range.

new turbo on and oh my. oh my oh my. by far the fastest thing ive ever had. the map needs a little tweek as this turbo spool faster but on boost its awesome. im still buzzing it pulls so hard , im in love all over again

- - - Updated - - -

new turbo on and oh my. oh my oh my. by far the fastest thing ive ever had. the map needs a little tweek as this turbo spool faster but on boost its awesome. im still buzzing it pulls so hard , im in love all over again