The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Out side car cover.

Coleboy

My Car is just about to have its colour and clear coat put on tomorrow, it will sit in the workshop over the weekend but then will have to park out side during work times, for the next week i could keep in overnight but will have to sit out the back once finished, any one recommend a paintwork friendly outside cover which wont brake the bank??????

Cheers...

I don't think any type of cover is ideal, especially on new paint.

I have a Stormforce 4 cover in a bag on my passenger seat and I am wondering if I will ever use it again. Rub marks and trapped moisture have been problems with mine.

H.

Dont have a lot of choice really, car is parked out the back of the workshop for at least two weeks on the trot, its on the water front and on a indust est, lot of fall out from same paint shop which is painting it and other companys around......

I was told the worst thing you can do after a repaint is to cover the car

I belive you, just dont wanna see it full of crap every week.........

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have the space to put up a gazebo over it

Might be a plan, will have to have a measure up.......

Cheers Dnk, thats looking like a winner so far....................

Obviously you need to be able to make it secure as these things aren't very good if it gets a bit windy

and could do a lot of damage if it got blown over.

dancovers seem abit stronger getting one of these soon

They look pretty much the same as what i've got just more money, unless your getting

the pro series with hex tube legs.

Mine has been fine on several occasions, you just need to make sure they're pegged down

properly and with weights on the legs or they can take off in strong wind.

http://www.dancovershop.com

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Don't put a cover on it mate if your car has just had a repaint ... Depending on what paint your bodyshop used you can't wax it either until the paint is fully cured

I waited 2/3 months before I could wax mine again though I have a garage so that's all I needed to worry about

Your better of just leaving it outside bare and keeping an eye out if bird crap goes on the paint work...

Deping on colour you might find you will have to take it back for a buff again anyways