The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Quicksilver TT 6 Speed from Doncaster

Guest charlie

Guest charlie

Hi guys, bought my Supra a couple of months ago and absolutely love it.

She's a quicksilver, twin turbo 6 speed manual, jap import with recaros. She's standard apart from a HKS exhaust, blow off valve and air filter.

I'm gonna need a couple of bits for her so I'll post them in the relevant sections but I'll chuck a picture up for now.

Cheers, Charlie.

1451959_10202870796589041_2892367284747210766_n.jpg

Guest charlie
Welcome to the club Charlie. Love the car, looks like a really nice example!

Thanks matey!

Yeah the guy was very honest about the damage/repairs. the work's been carried out extremely well and you wouldn't know if he hadn't have told me, he could have got away with not saying anything as there was no evidence of repair work but he was very honest about it all. The car could do with paint on the bonnet and tailgate and a newer drivers seat as it's well used, and some new dampers which will be sorted soon hopefully, and she'll be sweet as a nut.

Thanks matey!

Yeah the guy was very honest about the damage/repairs. the work's been carried out extremely well and you wouldn't know if he hadn't have told me, he could have got away with not saying anything as there was no evidence of repair work but he was very honest about it all. The car could do with paint on the bonnet and tailgate and a newer drivers seat as it's well used, and some new dampers which will be sorted soon hopefully, and she'll be sweet as a nut.

Glad you were fully informed, as long as you are happy, ill have to swing by, I'm only in sheffield and was very interested in this one when it came up.

Regarding the seat, you don't need a full new one, recaro sell the bolsters separate which have collapsed.

Have a look here - http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/productlist.asp?type=s&view=range&rid=61&mid=2

Guest charlie
Glad you were fully informed, as long as you are happy, ill have to swing by, I'm only in sheffield and was very interested in this one when it came up.

Regarding the seat, you don't need a full new one, recaro sell the bolsters separate which have collapsed.

Have a look here - http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/productlist.asp?type=s&view=range&rid=61&mid=2

yeah very happy with the car, don't suppose your car is a goldy brown colour is it? I commute through sheffield and saw one on parkway? Was in a burgandy Volvo 850 (daily driver)

Awesome, that'd probably be a good temporary fix but there's a tear in the fabric near the shoulder too so I'll probably end up with a new seat, unless I could get it recovered? Thanks though appreciate it :)

Guest charlie

Yeah was thinking that, just gotta keep my eye out for a decent condition seat to replace the drivers one then. Car looks nice though mate :)

Welcome to the forum. :)

As soon as I saw a picture of the car, I had a feeling it had been an accident repair. It has the incorrect headlights for the model - the correct 'facelift' headlights are nicer looking, but much more expensive, so repairers often fit the cheaper 'pre facelift' units.

Guest charlie

The headlights weren't damaged in the accident, the previous owner swapped the headlights for these units himself I believe, think he fitted UK spec ones? Not really sure what the difference is but he said he changed them to these because he liked them better.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :)

Guest charlie

I'll check the receipt for the work and see if it includes the headlights, not sure which I prefer out the two to be honest.