The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jen just caught me doing a For Sale Ad

DodgyRog

Well as a few know I have been thinking about selling the Supra on and off for a while

I actually got to the stage of writing out the Ad this evening and Jen came home and really isn't happy

I just feel I never get any time to use it anymore, but Jen has put her foot down and said I can't sell

Just wandering if anyone else has done this, seems I have come very close a few times in the last year or so, but Jen has always stopped me

My girlfriend kept talking me out of selling my aero which I owned for 7 years, but once I found a nice hardtop TT6 she fully supported me. She just didn't want me making a decision which later I would regret, the aero went in May and I picked up my new Supra just over a week ago. So far no regrets :D

But I guess your problem is you're selling up and not replacing it with another Supra. I know you can sell up and still lurk on the forum, but it's never the same at social events turning up in a non Supra car :D

I only did 6,000 miles in my aero over 7 years, but it wasn't the lack of use for me that made me sell up. I wanted a TT6 so I sold up, but I took a long of thinking it over. At the end of the day you're not really losing anything by keeping the Supra and where can you get such a great car for the same money with the looks and performance ;)

It's not a totally useless car for other than shows rog. Take it and do some shopping in it. Stop babying the car and put it to use. Raining? So what cars are ment to get rained on. Hence the roof. Take it to work. I drive my singe to work whenever I can (when it's not broke) If your scared of crashing it in the wet sell it and get a punto. :)

Unfortunately I can't take it to work, the parking area is really tight and we have to block each other in, meaning leaving the keys while I am out in the truck

To be honest I am just starting to get bored with it, I know that is not the right thing to say on the forum and I have no plans to try and replace it

I am looking to replace my daily at the moment with a BMW 535d Tourer (if I keep the Supra or not), even now when we go out we tend to take Jen's if the Sun is out, so we can drop the roof off

I am happy to drive the Supra in all weather, but I just don't drive it at all and it seems such a waste have it siting on the drive, it would help if I had a garage I guess

Gtr

In all honesty Noz, I was not impressed on a test drive I did a while back and to modify them takes some serious money

I would not be looking to try and replace the Supra, think I would just step away from the car scene all together for a while, may go back to something like a Talbot Lotus Sunbeam or maybe something else classic wise in a few years time

Well as a few know I have been thinking about selling the Supra on and off for a while

I actually got to the stage of writing out the Ad this evening and Jen came home and really isn't happy

I just feel I never get any time to use it anymore, but Jen has put her foot down and said I can't sell

Just wandering if anyone else has done this, seems I have come very close a few times in the last year or so, but Jen has always stopped me

Mind me asking how old you ate mate.....;) Get to grips with your nadds. Spray the car a different colour, that will be a start. Honestly mate , see a doctor :D besides we have a new member with a new car, ryano ,possibly someone else getting a new car :rolleyes: past few years not be good to you I kno,.

I think you are after attention :) well you got it :D

I sell mine every week in my head and then go out for a drive and think "no chance"

Ask Abz I was only talking to him about the other week when we where out.. But then I got it back from SRD and boom no chance I've got the love back :)

Emma did the same to me Rog. When my gearbox went, I was SOOOO tempted to sell, but the boss said no :)

Thank god she did too, as once I drove her again :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

It's not about attention Malc, if it was I would be out driving the Supra around, as it gets loads of attention where ever I go

It's just after 7 years I am loosing interest and yes it has been a really rough couple of years for us and that probably is part of why the Supra has had so little use

I don't even bother to keep it clean in between shows anymore

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

Ive come close to burning mine more than once.

Try not driving it for 2 and half years like me then you will love it again!

Yup I've been there petrol can in one hand and lighter in the other....

I've only done 1000 miles in 4 years due to an array of issues !

Ive come close to burning mine more than once.

Try not driving it for 2 and half years like me then you will love it again!

Yup I've been there petrol can in one hand and lighter in the other....

I've only done 1000 miles in 4 years due to an array of issues !

It's a hard one when they are playing up as badly as yours have, I am the Supra pleasure is worth it in the end for you though