The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Exhaust exit angle sorted

Josh

Well done Josh. Bet you wish you'd of done it ages ago.

I do, I just kept on forgetting about it. I've put the rubber hanger back on as well, just in case the jubilee breaks :)

There was a thread where someone else had this issue, so it may help them too :)

I have this problem too mate, although mine doesn't hang low, it's just off to the right lol

What exactly did u do to repair it?

Just attached the jubilee clip around the hanger on the passenger side to pull it to the left

That'll just wear through eventually leaving u with a sagging system..

Best thing to do is find one of the old mounts that held up the original mid boxes (there's one on either side) chances are they are still on the car..

Cut out the bit in the middle so u end up with a thick piece of rubber with the hole in it..

Then fit the exhaust with the original rings, then force the rubber u just cut onto the end of the back box hanger, this will position it correctly and lift it slightly

Job done and it's not likly to fall off anytime.. Mines been like that for 5years...

That'll just wear through eventually leaving u with a sagging system..

Best thing to do is find one of the old mounts that held up the original mid boxes (there's one on either side) chances are they are still on the car..

Cut out the bit in the middle so u end up with a thick piece of rubber with the hole in it..

Then fit the exhaust with the original rings, then force the rubber u just cut onto the end of the back box hanger, this will position it correctly and lift it slightly

Job done and it's not likly to fall off anytime.. Mines been like that for 5years...

I bought a pack of two ;) lol

I've got the diamond rubber hangers (three of them), so if it sags I'll put one of those on :)

• 3 weeks later...