The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ATBs 93 USDM 6 Speed TT Supra

ATB

Hello guys and girls! I would like to create a project thread for my car even tho it will stay pretty much stock. I will post regular maintenance and so on. And if I am out with my camera a picture might pop up on here once and a while :-)

I could start with some info about me, my name is Kris and I am from Norway. I bought my car in May this year after finding the most pristine and stock looking Supra on the web that I've seen here. Price was steep but I knew I had to have it. So after some negotiating I wen't to pick it up.

Specs are as follows:

1993 USDM spec.

Lefthand drive.

2JZ-GTE twin-turbo.

6 speed manual.

35k miles.

Bone stock with no rust.

Imaculate engine bay and interior.

When I was picking it up I was wondering where the car had been for the last 21 years as it looked like it had never been used.

When I arrived:

After a 25 hour drive home, nice and dirty :-(

After a quick wash looking pretty again :-)

Random pictures from the sales add:

I googled around and found a good deal on a used HKS Hi-flow exhaust and I had my brother pick it up for me.

A quick polish and it looked like it was brand new again, and the sound is fantastic even with the cats on :-)

I ordered the Eurospec glass headlights to replace the us plastic headlights. Was a very nice difference on overall looks! I ordered them from GarageWhifbitz and I would like to give them a big thumbs up for veeery good customer service and a very speedy delivery! :)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also decided I wanted to change all the fluids, so I ordered 2 liters of Toyota Getrag oil from GarageWhifbitz and some new TRD Oil filters, and again amazingly quick delivery from them :thumbs: Plus some good Valvoline oil from the nearest Auto store.

I have also placed an order for an HKS turbo timer, and a new emblem kit. The timer will be hidden away as I want to keep everything as stock as possible. I just want the timer so I don't have to sit and wait in the car after every spirited drive :-)

Also took some updated pictures of the engine bay.

Nice car. Don't bother with the turbo timer though. They do more harm than good. Just take the very last part of the drive easy and you won't need to worry about it. They are a fantastic money maker for companies, but utterly pointless :)

- - - Updated - - -

You should get a brand new FMIC on there as well just for that bit of extra pull power... Whifbitz sell them from around £500 :p

Installing a new intercooler won't give you any more power ;)

Nice car. Don't bother with the turbo timer though. They do more harm than good. Just take the very last part of the drive easy and you won't need to worry about it. They are a fantastic money maker for companies, but utterly pointless :)

- - - Updated - - -

Well it definitely does something because cooler air is better air ;)

Good to see another Supra getting the propper treatment.

Thank you! She will be taken very good care off :-)

Nice Supra .... good find ;)

Thank you!

looks in amazing condition thats a brilliant find there :)

Thank you very much, I am very lucky that i managed to get a hold of this car :-)

You should get a brand new FMIC on there as well just for that bit of extra pull power... Whifbitz sell them from around £500 :p

It has crossed my mind several times, but I do wish to keep it as stock as possible.

Nice. Love those wheels, what are the widths, offsets on them? 18's?

Thank you :-) I had the car up on a lift today and turned all four wheels around to see if I could see any place if the width and offset was pressed into the rim, but all i found was 19' on the spokes. I suppose they don't press that stuff onto the rims as they are two pieces.

Or inkeeping with remaining stock, get one of Chris Wilson uprated SMIC :)

I intend to keep the car as stock as possible, is Chris Wilson's SMIC and upgraded version of the stock unit?

- - - Updated - - -

I have already placed the order so I think the timer is already on it's way. I have heard both good and bad things about them, but I do think I could have good use on having one.

The boost would drop as the air is more dense. To enable it to make more power you'll need a way to counteract the boost decrease.

Well it definitely does something because cooler air is better air ;)

I won't be fitting a bigger FMIC as of yet, as I wan't to keep it stock :-)

Very nice Kris :), love those wheels.

Thank you mate!

I really want those wheels they have been my favourite for ages.

Thank you, they do fit the car very well!

Volks gt-c love these wheels

Thank you :-)

Amazing condition, looks mint!

Thank you :thumbs:

Stunning :thumbs:

Thank you :)

Found yourself a stunner. Best of luck with it. :)

Thank you very much :-)

Had the car up on a lift today to change the gear oil. I knew the previous owner had filled it up with non OEM gear oil, so I wanted to get that fixed ASAP. I also had the opportunity to check out everything underneath the car. The oil that was in the box was a couple of months old, but looked very dark already. Pumped the new Toyota Getrag V160 gear oil into the gearbox with a marine gear oil pump (5£ well spent). The reason for the Honda logo on the bottle is that I cleaned out a bottle that already had been gear oil in to use the pump on :-)

Personally I could feel a big improvement in shifting gears after the oil change, so that shows how important it is with the right oil.

I intend to keep the car as stock as possible, is Chris Wilson's SMIC and upgraded version of the stock unit?

Yes it is, all stock mounts are used, a very nice and efficient that is good for anything up to the 600-650bhp mark :)

Looks very clean and rust free under there, definitely a good buy!

Yes it is, all stock mounts are used, a very nice and efficient that is good for anything up to the 600-650bhp mark :)

Looks very clean and rust free under there, definitely a good buy!

Running over 630bhp here with no issues at all. Massive thumbs up from me.

I did a quick search yesterday and I found one for sale for over 1k :blink: Does he plan on doing more group buys?

I also got to use the car today in very heavy rain and it did not take many seconds for water to start to drip from the seals in the roof.... I attached a picture of the location, both sides are dripping :(

Have anyone else had this issue? I would like to get it sorted, but I ain't 100% sure on what parts to replace. The seals on the targa roof is in poor condition so If I were to get a targa roof refurbishing kit, would that solve my issues?