The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Restored my supra headlights what you think??

dazla100

After a week and spending £60 to restore my headlights i am pleased to say they are finally done. Unfortunatly they was extreamly sun damaged when i first brought the car so i decided to sand the lenses down using 1200 grain sandpaper then moving to 3000 grain sandpaper. once the lenses where sanded down i used t-cut headlight restore polish to buff them back so they became clear (jobs a gooden). after ordering some blue halos and sanding and spraying all the inners of the lights to a dark gun metal grey they was ready to be all put back together. Im pleased with the result what do you think?? [GRIN][/GRIN]

car 0.JPG

headlights 0.JPG

headlights 1.JPG

headlights 2.JPG

headlights 3.JPG

car 1.JPG

car 2.JPG

DSC_0104.JPG

Edited by dazla100 (see edit history)

Look good mate. Unsure about the halo colour. Bu definitely looks nicer with that paint and polish job.

Can I ask what size the halo's were?

the car is going to be sprayed white soon so i thought the blue halos might look good when its white i did not realize they would be so bright tho lol they where 70mm + 90mm (outer edge)

Cheers Dazla100 .... about to give it a go myself and was curious. Did you do it hand powered or machine powered?

it was all hand powered use wet and dry 1200 grain sandpaper ensuring you keep sanding using back and fourth movements obviously make sure u use some soap and water on the sandpaper then after finishing move up to a 3000 grain sand paper so the scratches become more fine. if you use headlight restorer i managed to rub it in by hand but will make life allot easier with a buffer i think mate :)

Look good mate. Unsure about the halo colour. But definitely looks nicer with that paint and polish job.

Yes to referb, no to halos

Same thoughts. Great job on the refurbishment and respray, look miles better. Not a fan of the halo rings.

Not a fan of the blue halos to be honest but good job on the refurb, really makes a difference.

:yeahthat: :D

The black against the silver car looks much better. :)