The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which sealant polish

gt4tosupra

• 3 weeks later...
I will comment as I can appreciate the time and effort that goes into a good polish etc I spend weeks perfecting a finish on one of my own cars :) because im sad.

Good Effort fella

Cheers pal. Ye I've put about 20 hours effort in up to now, and still more to do. I should have used g3 and a rotary from the start.

Jeez that's far too expensive.

This is what I have atm. Liquid wax

Thats Crap stuff :) , HD Wax is relatively cheap but $$ if you get it in Halfords ; I have my tub over 2 years now and about fraction into it. I use it every 2 months , it is very hard wearing and the finish is excellent. I have yet to come across a better wax, with regards durability, shine, ease of application

I get it for 45 euro, you get 2 applicator pads and a buffing cloth

I have used alot of waxes , even my mates Zymol 3K sterling per 300ml lol

If you want to go cheaper get some Chemical guys Black light / or Jet seal 109 (Jet seal will return a more duller appearance than black light but is a better sealant); Just because Chemical guys can be cheaper , it does not meant it is bad stuff, It is just as good if not better :)

If I really want the car to pop, I would use chemical guys black light and V7 Hybrid , as you see in the Pics below

For value for money and ease of application plus quality of products Chemical Guys is fairly hard to beat but Auto glym SRP (super resin polish) And HD wax are two of the best products out there

In between waxing I just V7 Hybrid to top up the sealant and shine on the car , regardless if I use Auto glym or Chemical guys products on her.

Auto Glym SRP (Super Resin Polish) is fantastic for filling in swirls in your cars paint work ;)

If you go to the bother of waxing the car , dont forget to use a wax safe shampoo when you wash your car next, if you are using the local garage shampoo, you will more than likely strip the wax. It is a very strong detergent watered down, I remember one of the garages forgot to water it down and it stripped the paint, imagine what that will do to you nicely waxed car

Zymol , auto Glym Body shampoo are some examples of wax safe shampoo's

Chemical guys Black light & V7 Hybrid

Auto Glym SRP (Super Resin Polish) & HD Wax

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

Nice. I think I have negated the use for srp, which I do actually have but never use, cos I have properly got rid of the swirls with the g3.

The chemical guys looks good tho, think I'll get some of that.

As for shampoo, I have meguiars gold class ;)

SRP is a polish, it acts as a filler too if you have swirls but you dont need to have any , also the new SRP formula is not as dusty or hard to wipe off

So normal stages are , wash, Glaze or Polish , Sealant and or Wax

For you wheels , HD wax is excellent as it is durable

Chemical guys products are ral ease to apply and remove , unlike the current wax you are using. You will be wondering why you where breaking your arm all these years putting that on / off :)

SRP is a polish, it acts as a filler too if you have swirls but you dont need to have any , also the new SRP formula is not as dusty or hard to wipe off

So normal stages are , wash, Glaze or Polish , Sealant and or Wax

For you wheels , HD wax is excellent as it is durable

Chemical guys products are ral ease to apply and remove , unlike the current wax you are using. You will be wondering why you where breaking your arm all these years putting that on / off :)

I'll defo get some better wax then. That stuff I have is a shitter to remove :mad:

Hey in your stages there tho u missed out the compounding stage :D

I'll defo get some better wax then. That stuff I have is a $#@!ter to remove :mad:

Hey in your stages there tho u missed out the compounding stage :D

They are just maintenance stages , I am sure you can add in a few more ;)

The new products out now, you will wonder how the hell you ever used that cheap dusty crap