The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another one to the ranks.

Guest TravisT

Guest TravisT

Hey guys, thought I would introduce myself. Ive been a Supra owner since September last year but only now Ive had the guts to make a post just now haha. All I can say is its been an awesome year of ownership. The car herself is a '93 JDM NA Autotragic with plenty of squecks and rattles but that's her personality. Picked her up from Bradford in Luton from a dodgy car exchange place owned by a bunch of seemingly shift characters (she was pissing oil and had bald rear tires) but one moment at seeing her was unreal, the addiction had begun. 10 hours it took to get her home. With no radio. Insanity had kicked in by the time I had gotten home (Inverness.....Scotland.) After a few nights recuperation I once again went back to see her, locked up securely in my fathers garage, snuggled up tight to my dads own dream cars (a Lime green Spitfire and a British Racing Green Dolomite 1850, he's a bit old school that way). The sheer ecstasy of standing there and thinking "Yeah, this is fucking awesome" was amazing. Before the supra came along Ive had 3 cars, first was a 2002 Corsa 1.7 DI then after was my ill fated 2006 Fiesta ST which was erm.....turned into a convertible against my wishes but that's a story for another time. Lastly there was my 2000 Pug 206 gti with a blown exhaust, badly done lowering spings install and questionable tracking (it veered all over the place on anything but flat road lol). Anyway glad to be a part of something bigger, nice to meet all you guys!

Guest TravisT

The oil leak was down to the oil pressure switch in the side of the block, the seal had perished hence the oil pishing everywhere. As for the squeaks the boot rubbers are horrible cracked and in need of replacement, I have put up with them for now but its starting to get on my nerves. Its also still clonking badly from the front and possibly rear suspension, tried a pry bar on it to see where there was movement but no luck, even went through a MOT like that, only thing I can think of is either the LCA bushings or the shocks themselves.