The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally on the road.

LOGIE

After over a year doing my NA-TT conversion I got it finished and put it through its MOT and it passed ok with a 3 small advisories which I was expecting.

1+2. both rear tyres close to legal limit approx 2.5mm (I knew about this.)

3. Bolt broken in rear axle strut brace.

The head had sheared off when I tried to unnecessarily remove the struts to change my NA LSD to a TT LSD. Im going to change them as they have a fair bit of surface rust. But at least I can get on the road THIS summer and enjoy the car again with its new heart and lungs.

Great news and well done for sticking with it. Now stop writing on here and go and enjoy it;)

Hah cheers. Ive been for a short blast today feels awesome. 2nd turbo kicks in very strong at 4krpm It was always in my head during the build whether to buy spare turbos in case 2nd turbo was on its road out but it was perfect. I have a few little niggles that I need to sort so ill need to visit toyota and get raped AGAIN soon no point putting up a wanted ad as they are parts that members just wont have.

Happy for you mate I remember you started this conversion over 1.5 years ago if im right

Hah yeah mate you had a TT autobox, TT LSD, driveshafts, and TT prop all up for sale in a oner for a VERY reasonable price. It was this that made me go for it and do the conversion as most of the parts were goint to be a pain to locate. So thanks for that deal mate. I remember.it taking me neay and hour to unwrap and untie it from the pallet.

It may be an NA-TT auto but I changed EVERYTHING including dash and bulkhead loom then the engine BAY loom. It now has stock traction control which prob won't ever get used but I just wanted to do the conversion right. It also has TT electric fans which is another thing that usually gets left out on NA-TT. So I think the only difference between my car and a original TT is the vin plate.

Well done mate! Great news - hope you get the niggles sorted soon :)

Cheers Scott. I havent gave up on the V8 dream I quizzed you about. That was an awesome car you build I really wanted to buy it when you had it up for sale but funds didn't allow.