The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Passenger side is sitting lower than the drivers side.

Graham1984

The other day I had my back left spring go weak causing the car to sag on the left hand side. I now have some tein s tech springs fitted, but still my passenger back left is still lower than the drivers side.

Has anyone got any ideas as to what this might be as it's bloody annoying me :D

I have the opposite to this aswell Graham, my front driverside is lower than the front passenger, I dropped my coilovers down to a measure equal on bothsides for some reason the d/s is about 10mm lower! Very weird

You havent got a dead body in the boot again have you? If so move it to the middle ;)

They should be as I had four brand new tyres fitted at the same time so tyre pressure should be as I asked for. I know in the other thread I have,I had an issue with oponeo sending one of my front tyres 5mm bigger (235/45/18 over 235/40/18) than the other front, but it shouldn't be that making that if a difference to the rear ride height surely.

I have the opposite to this aswell Graham, my front driverside is lower than the front passenger, I dropped my coilovers down to a measure equal on bothsides for some reason the d/s is about 10mm lower! Very weird

You havent got a dead body in the boot again have you? If so move it to the middle ;)

I've noticed the same on mine! Well actually it was my Grandfather. He could get 2 fingers between wheel and arch on the drivers side and 3 on the passenger side. Car is running stock shocks and springs with both tyres fully inflated. My guess was that one of the previous owners was a bit chunky and over time the car has slouched to one side. That or its been sitting on a hill side on or something?

Very strange, but doesn't affect the car in any way.

They should be as I had four brand new tyres fitted at the same time so tyre pressure should be as I asked for. I know in the other thread I have,I had an issue with oponeo sending one of my front tyres 5mm bigger (235/45/18 over 235/40/18) than the other front, but it shouldn't be that making that if a difference to the rear ride height surely.

The difference is not 5mm, its 5% which is 24 mm in diameter, 12 mm radius which

is pretty much what your looking for.

The profile figure is a percentage of the width of the tyre

I would also check your tyre pressures on all the wheels on a regular basis

on any car you own

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Having odd profile tyres on the front can and *WILL* make a difference to the rear ride heights due to diaganol jacking. Do nothing until the incorrect tyres are resolved. Quality springs do not sag, although modern springs from Fiat and Mercedes seem to have a notorious tendency to break... Aftermarket springs are anyone's guess if from the likes of Tein. Faulkener in the UK and Eibach in Germany make decent quality after market springs for small seat dampers.

• 2 weeks later...