The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Facelift Deep Jewel Green, Twin Turbo 6 Speed :)

KamaSupra

So over the last year on and off I was thinking about selling my 1993 black NA Aerotop which I had owned for 7 years. I knew I wanted a TT6 and I had to replace it with something very special.

I was always looking at PistonHeads etc and the classifieds on the forum, but I never found anything that gave me the "wow" factor like my Aerotop did all those years ago when I bought her. So back in March I decided to get in touch with Jurgen at JM-Imports to have him and his team search for a Supra to my specification. At first I wanted a GZ TT Aerotop or a white TT6 hardtop.

I had him and his team on the look out and I kept a look out on the Japanese auctions and dealerships everyday too, but trying to find something to my budget that I loved just wasn't happening. It was then while I was on holiday in Spain back in April, I saw a Supra on Facebook on the JM-Imports page which I fell in love with at first sight :) It was a Deep Jewel Green facelift Twin Turbo 6 speed!!!! :cool: As soon as I set eyes on her I knew I wanted her, I thought about it over the next few weeks.

It was more than my budget, but Supras in this colour do not come up often. I emailed Jurgen to see if it was still available, thankfully she was and so I put down a deposit the very next day to secure her :)

Over the next couple of months I waited with excitement to see the photos of her reaching the UK. In the mean time I painted my garage as I always had a problem of very bad concrete dust. With having such a nice Supra turning up, it made sense to give her a nice home to stay in ;)

Garage before-

Garage after a lick of paint-

It was then on June 10th 2014, I got home from work and I saw her on Facebook with her trade plates on. I thought finally, soon she will be mine!!

Jurgen and his team worked their magic over the next few weeks, cleaning her up, fully prepping her, registered her, installed a rear fog light etc and fitted some new coilovers to her as I thought the ride height was a little too high :D

Jurgen then contacted me to say she will be ready for collection soon, so I excitedly booked a flight up to Newcastle for Saturday 5th July 2014.

Jurgen was there to welcome me to my new Supra. She looked incredible and even better than in the photos. I had a look around her and went for a test drive, she drove like a dream and goes like a rocket!!

I am over the moon with my new Supra and I feel very lucky to have another Supra which gives me a real buzz like my Aerotop always did. It's funny how a piece of metal can make you smile so much!! :D

Thanks to Jurgen and his team for getting her over here and their hard work preparing her....... Also a massive thanks to Clair my fiancée who had to put up with me most weeks debating about selling my Aerotop on and off for the last year. Then me going on every night once I was looking to buy another and asking her opinion on what colour of Supra should I buy? Should I get an Aerotop or hardtop? Facelift or pre-facelift?...... She listened to it all and never complained once (And believe me, I spoke about Supras non stop for ages). :D

Anyway, more photos :cool:

And she's home (With the front bumper covered in dead flys after a 5-6 hour drive home) :) :D

Edited by KamaSupra (see edit history)

Nice but buddy! I considered buying this also as it'll never drop in value IMO but thought a certain MrBear would have snapped it up.

I seen this car in the paint booth when my 1A1 was down at JM. The car was in need of tlc but looking at the pics now Jurgen and his team have certainly done that!

Great car mate. Enjoy it!

P.s. What coilovers did you opt for!?