The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Noise is still there

Guest Knightrider1980

Guest Knightrider1980

Took my car to a garage due to hearing what sounds like the brake pads rubbing against the disc, Had new pads changed, was told the slider was partially seized but all was sorted, went for a drive about an hour ago and the noise came back after just 10mins of driving, pissed off is not the word.......seriously guys any idea here what is doing it??

Edited by Knightrider1980 (see edit history)

Guest Knightrider1980

will be hard to do as its the sound is on the passanger side rear wheel, better of going back to the garage and saying to them What The Hell.....what pisses me off even more is that they had the car for 3 hours today, they took apart the wire brushed and cleaned brake calipers replaced the pads re-greased the partly seized slider and told me everything was fine, yet once I drive the car, after 10minutes of driving the sound starts happening,at first it sounds like the pads are rubbing like a metallic sound then its sound like a stone is jammed in the brake and makes a grinding noise, this happens when just rolling and not applying the brake, its just sounds like something is rubbing against the disc and gets worse the hotter its becomes.

Edited by Knightrider1980 (see edit history)

Guest Knightrider1980
Caliper seizing up?

its not the caliper, I just jacked up the car, chocked the front wheels and put the car in nutral, put the hand brake down, started spinning the rear left wheel and was making the sound from the tin plate that protects the brake disc, so I pushed it out and put the wheel on span it again and there was no noise, when I was putting on the racing suspension I think my mate stood on it, doing the driver side rear tomorrow as its doing the same thing.

Guest Knightrider1980
Have you checked to see if the disc is rubbing on the dust shield thingy, this caused me some head scratching once.

I believe it is just that, sorted out the passenger rear side just now, doing the driver side tomorrow as its doing the same things, actually wondering now if I just wasted £34 on new pads, ah well atleast they are sorted then.

Guest Knightrider1980
hahaha I hate it when that happens! such a simple stupid thing, Id go back to that garage and complain because they should have seen that! useless

Yeah me too, but again I am just speculating here as they may have needed doing, but you are right they should have checked everything, if its still doing it then I will go back say to them what the hell is going on.

Guest Knightrider1980

Just to update for those interested, apparently its the handbrake shoes that are causing the problem, either need cleaning out due to me not driving for a long time or needs adjusting, either way its finally found and will be dealt with tomorrow morning and I can pick it up just after lunchtime.

Guest Knightrider1980
Thats what mine is I think need to re grease bits aswell hope it solves your issue mate....along with mine B-)

The handbrake shoes needed changing to new and cleaned the drum also handbrake is adjusted, get it done fast mate otherwise you may end up with something very hefty to pay, I was lucky I did something about it fast, had new brake pads also installed and there is still a tiny noise but that's due to the brake pads rubbing on the disc like all other cars do, one thing is for sure it don't sound like a damn big stone is jammed in now lol