The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Quick offset question

Chris Bailey

Im on the lookout for some new rims for dads supra something with an aggressive offset.. We both like the XXR 531's in Platinum.

Does anyone know if 8.5J fronts and 9.5J rears ET20 all round will clear uk brakes front and rear.

Im aware the rears will need an arch roll and possibly a pull, but will they clear uk brakes without a spacer?

Any help much appreciated :thumbs:

At this moment in time I want to have the wheels look like they fill the arch with the bonus of fitting slightly wider rubber. Was thinking 18 inch and about 9j front and 10j rears with probably a 35 offset. Will that set up clear uk spec brakes. By the way I am also having the arches rolled whilst it's being repaired.

So what do you guys think we should look at bearing in mind insurers will not be paying more than £1k for replacement set

At this moment in time I want to have the wheels look like they fill the arch with the bonus of fitting slightly wider rubber. Was thinking 18 inch and about 9j front and 10j rears with probably a 35 offset. Will that set up clear uk spec brakes. By the way I am also having the arches rolled whilst it's being repaired.

So what do you guys think we should look at bearing in mind insurers will not be paying more than £1k for replacement set

As said it'll depend on the design of the wheels, clearance issues are usually between the front face of the front calipers and the rear face of the spokes. So a wheel with fairly flat spokes with little dish eg. Volk CE28 will have much more brake clearance compared to a deep dish wheel which positions the spokes much closer to the calipers.

With a £1K budget I'd look for a good quality set of forged 2nd hand wheels, rather than buy cheap quality new wheels. Lighter stronger forged wheels should save quite a bit of unsprung weight which will make a noticeable difference in the handling of the car.

18x9" +35 & 18x10" +35 will fit almost flush with the wheel arches possibly without having to have them rolled (the design and size of the tyres may make it marginal). For reference if you look in my garage my car is fitted with 18x9" +32 245/40/18 & 18x10" +32 285/35/18.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

I take it the wheels will have to be new ??

Rota Boost Drift : 18x10 et35 & 18x9 et30

These look like this! I had those sizes on my car, came off SteveLs race car.

I was running 255 on the front and 285 on the rear with no spacers. Had rear arches rolled and could easily have taken a 295.

Hope that helps?

You can also try Paul Whif for XXR alloys iirc.