The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Locking wheel nut lost

Mariusz

Hi guys

Seem to be missing my locking nut and want to prepare for when i need it.

I'm not sure of the wheel make, but will post some pics. I'm guessing that contacting the manufactuer will be the best option?

Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Cheers

If you are sure you've completely lost it, I would just purchase a new set tbh with you. Saves faffing around with the manufacturer, im not sure how they'd even find your particular set of locking nuts, probably keep a master of it somewhere though.

Had the same thing on mine, I just bought a new set. They hammered on a smaller socket, and they came out with no problem whatsoever - makes me wish I did it myself really

If you are sure you've completely lost it, I would just purchase a new set tbh with you. Saves faffing around with the manufacturer, im not sure how they'd even find your particular set of locking nuts, probably keep a master of it somewhere though.

Had the same thing on mine, I just bought a new set. They hammered on a smaller socket, and they came out with no problem whatsoever - makes me wish I did it myself really

So just get a new set of locking nuts mate?

Hmm, my ones were different to those. Mine had the protruding rectangular slots so you could actually force a smaller socket in and get it to grip. There are some special tools available that allow you to remove locking wheel nuts. You could just go to your local tyre shop and see if they have anything that fits or that could remove it? Other than that..those kind of locking nuts, I reckon it is a manufacturers job, if those other tools don't do it :(

Hmm, my ones were different to those. Mine had the protruding rectangular slots so you could actually force a smaller socket in and get it to grip. There are some special tools available that allow you to remove locking wheel nuts. You could just go to your local tyre shop and see if they have anything that fits or that could remove it? Other than that..those kind of locking nuts, I reckon it is a manufacturers job, if those other tools don't do it :(

BOLLOCKS

TBH I have no idea where its gone... t never leaves the car. Only thing i can think of is the garage never put it back in my car after it was in 6 month ago. ZERO chance of getting that back.

If somebody can ID the rims, maybe i have a chance of a duplicate.

Its not the rims that would need ID'ing...they've got nothing to do with the locking wheel nuts. It would be the locking wheel nuts themselves. Locking wheel nuts are mostly made to be universal so they fit any car as long as the thread size and all that is correct

It's a German manufacturer, i have got new keys and nuts from them, they wanted a DETAILED and CLEAR photo of the face of a nut, but then they wanted my VAT number, proof of trader status, and a sample of DNA. To be honest I lost my rag and reminded them of 1945, but they came good in the end. Problem is I can't remember the make, it's a common one though, someone here will recognise them.

EDIT: Brain is functional again:

http://www.mcgard.de/en/home/automotive/radbefestigungen/wheel-nuts.html

Specifically:

http://www.mcgard.de/en/home/kundenservice/ersatzschluessel.html

Have fun....